timetables BLAH (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shezz90

HSC
ums do we make our own timetables ..or is it already done for us ?
& when do we get em :)

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
*talks in a monotomous tone*

No we can not choose our own timetable; timetables are already designed for us.

No there not out yet; first day of o-week

I'm tired of copy-pasting this!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
No we can not choose our own timetable; timetables are already designed for us.
Ehh, not they're not. You pick where your classes go by using the tools on the timetabling system.

:confused:

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
Ehh, not they're not. You pick where your classes go by using the tools on the timetabling system.

:confused:

Well obvioulsy you pick your classes/units, but after that the uni decides your timetable; whats on when.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Well obvioulsy you pick your classes/units, but after that the uni decides your timetable; whats on when.
Even though the university chooses the classes, you are still able to modify it.
It's not like you don't have a have in which classes to enter, because you do.

Also, please please browse the forum before you post!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
as jayodore said: incorrect.

just admit you were wrong, luv, and move on, okay? let there be peace in my beloved usyd forum.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
Even though the university chooses the classes, you are still able to modify it.
It's not like you don't have a have in which classes to enter, because you do.

Also, please please browse the forum before you post!
hey how do u modify, do u use that thing where they ask u to enter wat times u want off and then they give u a new one? so its like modification to a certain extent?

thanks

p.s. wats the difference between editing ur timetable online and in person?

Last edited:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
hey how do u modify, do u use that thing where they ask u to enter wat times u want off and then they give u a new one? so its like modification to a certain extent?

thanks

p.s. wats the difference between editing ur timetable online and in person?
It's like you said basically. You block out certain parts of your timetable since you're unavailable and they alter your timetable accordingly. If you keep changing the times your unavailable, you should be able to get a decent timetable (depending on your classes).

Editing your timetable online only allows you to enter.. a few times that you want "off" whereas in person (at the uni) you can customise the entire timetable.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
It's like you said basically. You block out certain parts of your timetable since you're unavailable and they alter your timetable accordingly. If you keep changing the times your unavailable, you should be able to get a decent timetable (depending on your classes).

Editing your timetable online only allows you to enter.. a few times that you want "off" whereas in person (at the uni) you can customise the entire timetable.
thanks for the reply so are u sayin if we create our timetable at home by looking at lecture times and bring that in, that they can replicate it exactly?

krayzie_

HSC
I would have thought that you would need a convincing reason to do it in person?

What happens if everyone is not happy with there timetable and all rock up so they can customise their whole timetable?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks for the reply so are u sayin if we create our timetable at home by looking at lecture times and bring that in, that they can replicate it exactly?
That's what i've done the last 3 years without any problems.

485h324s

HSC
N/A
That's what i've done the last 3 years without any problems.
oh nice, no excuses?

mm i do pharm, its like 24hrs of shit to timetable they might get pissed lol,

but on the website it states this

"
You may select what times you are unavailable to attend classes. At no point can you request to be allocated to a particular class for any subject.
You cannot request your timetable to be made similar to your friend's timetable.
Any change in your timetable will re-allocate ALL your classes."

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, i've never had anymore than 12 hour weeks.

No excuses were required, i just told them which classes i wanted and they did it.

Sometimes the system won't cooperate though (mainly due to full classes).

krayzie_

HSC
oh nice, no excuses?

"
You may select what times you are unavailable to attend classes. At no point can you request to be allocated to a particular class for any subject.
You cannot request your timetable to be made similar to your friend's timetable.
Thats what I'm thinking? On the site they say they won't do it, but apparently from what people have been saying its possible!

So what do I do, just choose what times I want and rock up to the timetabling changing place and ask them and its ok?! BTW, I'm at Cumberland, is it still ok? Is it? Is it?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i think the site must say that so that most people don't turn up to change their timetable

the rule has never been enforced in my time at usyd though

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
oh nice, no excuses?

"
lol pharmers.

I think with pharmacy most of the classes are just allocated and everyone will have the same timetable. I have heaps of friends do pharm last year and they all had the same timetables except for lab hours.

conics2008

HSC
hey majoirty of the timetables in usyd are allocated by the uni/faculty it self.

you can only choose to take ONE day off, OR take up 2 5 hours on two days.

You can pick individuals classes as most say. =[

konkzz

HSC
I was wondering, if I have a tutorial straight after a lecture, is it okay to be late for the tutorial (because it'll take time to get from the lecture class to the tutorial one) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)