Timetables for 2010 students. (1 Viewer)

J`adore

HSC
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone know what time, and where can we choose tutorial times and shiznicks?

thanks all :)

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Each faculty/subject has different times..some of mine are listed already, just log onto sols, go to tutorial enrolment and it should come up what dates/times they open. Generally its mid-late feb depending on what faculty youre in

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The Arts faculty usually opens tutorial enrolment in the week before semester begins, but if you access the enrolment section of SOLS it will tell you the date and time.

spazamataz

HSC
When it says "All weeks" next to it, does that mean I have a tutorial in the first week..
Meaning that if all goes to plan, my very first class will be a tute at 9:30am on a Monday morning....
Wow.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No, I think the first week still has the tuts cancelled. It just means every other week has that tut then. Some tutorials don't run every week (usually not the last two), or change rooms part way through. So all weeks is used to distinguish between regular tutorials, and these changing ones.

spazamataz

HSC
I just read the timetable again, my commerce ones say "not first week".
I guess i'll find out in o-week?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Subjects that say 'All Weeks' usually have the tutorial in week one. However I'm not sure how that's sane for first year first week.
My experience is different from Absolute, we have either All Weeks or Not First Week, and they mean exactly what they say. We've never had classes with changing tutorials though.
I guess my advice is to a) watch SOLS b) turn up at that class anyway if you have another reason to be at uni on Monday morning.. if not, probably don't bother.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, SOLS is usually reliably with notifications, so you should get something. Otherwise, call your faculty a few days before and ask them.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Just call us Team Helpful. Or something.

(Perhaps Team Bored is more apt?)

spazamataz

HSC
Grrr at commerce tute enrolment this morning.

My #1 preferred time got cancelled :'(

What are the chances of getting your first preference?

Looking at the statistics, only 3 people have preferenced the tutorials I want, and the times straight after the lectures are going over capacity!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Chances are moderate. It depends on what you choose. Some are easier than others.

spazamataz

HSC
I sorted it all out now :)
If all goes according to plan, theres one day where i have a two hour break, but that should be useful for doing study/lunch/social stuff!
And all the other days I have an hour break :)
Oh, and only going to uni three days a week!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So does this mean that the commerce tutorials are up already. I haven't checked in ages.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I haven't even locked in the subject I'll be doing. I'm enrolled in Finance, though I'm thinking of changing it to fit my timetable. Then again, if I don't go to the lecture, I'll only have to fit the tut in :)

harryc

HSC
Not sure where to ask this, but this thread seemed suitable...

Do we have to go to tutorials in our first week? I've heard different things off different people, and yeah, if we do have them first week, then my first day is two tutorials...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Tutorials are cancelled for the first week. They resume in week 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)