• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Timetables (1 Viewer)

saraproblem

HSC
Quick question: Is it better to have a lecture followed by a tutorial for that same subject on the same day? Or should I spread them out more...or does it not really matter?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Doesn't matter at all. You might like to have tutes near the end of the week because it will give you a bit more time to study for quizzes or to do assignments.

saraproblem

HSC
Another question: if I have lectures/tutorials one after the other, ie. one from 10am-11am, then the next from 11am-1pm, is that really pushing it? Will I have time to move between each place (specifically at UNSW)?

jirwin

HSC
what happens if u have a lecture for one subject and then a tutorial for that same subject straight after? like what happens about homework and readings and stuff...

G

Gavvvvvin

Its better to have your tutes as late in the week as possible.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
jirwin said:
what happens if u have a lecture for one subject and then a tutorial for that same subject straight after? like what happens about homework and readings and stuff...
well, previously with the 14 week schedule, the tutorials will be on the material covered in the previous week since tutorials start one week after lectures start. I don't know what's going to happen now though since lectures and tutorials will start in the same week

jirwin

HSC
what uni is that? im going to newcastle and most tutes dont start until second week.

i have a lecture 9-10 and then a tute 10-11... well its studio...

does this affect readings/homework... they cant expect us to do it in 5min can they?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
jirwin said:
what uni is that? im going to newcastle and most tutes dont start until second week.

i have a lecture 9-10 and then a tute 10-11... well its studio...

does this affect readings/homework... they cant expect us to do it in 5min can they?
No, what will happen is you talk about/hand in homework for the week one topic, in the week 2 tute. This is part of the reason why they start a week after lectures start.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
saraproblem said:
Another question: if I have lectures/tutorials one after the other, ie. one from 10am-11am, then the next from 11am-1pm, is that really pushing it? Will I have time to move between each place (specifically at UNSW)?
Haha, yeah, if you can walk pretty fast. It's not a pleasant experience walking from say, the Heffron Building, up to the Medicine building, down to CLB, up to Mathews etc without a break though.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
saraproblem said:
I don't go to UNSW, but I will assume it is similar to UOW in that no ones cares if you turn up to a lecture or tutorial 15 minutes late because you had to walk from the other side of the campus.

loser101

HSC
your tutorial dont start till 2nd week. so the 1st tut in the 2nd week will be a tutoral on the previous weeks lecture, so its best to have your 1st tute BEFORE your sencond lecture.

i.e HAVE YOUR TUT AS EARLY IN THE WEEK AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

Loz_metalhead

HSC
That's not true. In the handbook it says LEGT1711 tutorials start in the first week. I am unsure about all the other subjects

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't go to UNSW, but I will assume it is similar to UOW in that no ones cares if you turn up to a lecture or tutorial 15 minutes late because you had to walk from the other side of the campus.
oops nvm, thought I was in the unsw forum:shy:

HSC
I just looked at my timetable and [correct me if im wrong]

it says that over 3 days [tuesday, wednesday, thursday]

i only have 6 hours of lectures and tutorials, is this right?!

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
o0o_chris_o0o said:

lol owned.

Evilo

HSC
o0o_chris_o0o said:

depends if your doing arts or not. Arts - yes, Science - no

If you're doing a science they will have tutorials/practicals that might not show up on the timetable. You would subscribe to these (or told how to) on your 1st lecture for that subject.

Evilo

HSC
saraproblem said:
I don't know how UNSW runs, but ANU lectures start at 5 past and end at 5 to the hour. The trick is to be strict and leave at 5 to, otherwise you'll be super late to the next lecture. Remember you can leave, its not like school. And by leaving it tells the lecturers that the lesson is coming to and end - otherwise they like to talk for much longer :p

HSC
Azamakumar said:
lol owned.
I dont get it? why did i get owned?!

Evilo said:
depends if your doing arts or not. Arts - yes, Science - no

If you're doing a science they will have tutorials/practicals that might not show up on the timetable. You would subscribe to these (or told how to) on your 1st lecture for that subject.
yeah im in arts, advertising... sounds alright then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)