Timetables (1 Viewer)

sugartits

HSC
Hey guys, I'm doing a Bachelor of Economics, and I managed to squeeze all my lectures and tutes onto 2 days, so I got some time off and to work as well as study.

The thing is that means on Monday and Thursday I'll be at uni from 12pm-7:30pm and 8am-7pm respectively, with a few breaks throughout the day.

Do you guys reckon this is too much? Should I just make it 3 or even 4 days if its going to help me do better overall???

I do have a 3 hour block of a 2 hour and 1 hour lectures back to back. IDK what to do

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'd say leave it tbh.
The tuesday might be a bit difficult to handle at first, however you'll get used to it.
The 3 hour block of lectures actually isn't as difficult to handle as you think.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Depends on your will and ability to stop procrastinating. Spreading it out on multiple days will help with stopping the procrastination. 2 days is totally doable but the reality is that after 2 days of uni for nearly 12h per day do you really think you'll be motivated to go home and do your readings? Do you think when you have a break at work that you'll do your readings?

The reality is that even if you had some time off to 'study'; the act of procrastination can easily replace 'study' and you'll end up wasting a day.

Just sayin.

Edit: On top of what harris said, its totally fine to do it but you need to have self control to study on those day offs. Going to uni = ez, studying after uni = hard. This also all depends on what grades you seek as well...

Last edited:

sugartits

HSC
I was hoping for a distinction average just to keep open the possibility of adding a Bachelor of Laws in 2nd year....

Hatake88

HSC
I was hoping for a distinction average just to keep open the possibility of adding a Bachelor of Laws in 2nd year....
Economics isn't easy and heaps of people want to transfer into law. Chances are, if you do everything in two days, you won't be motivated the next five days. What are you planning to do for the remaining week? if its study, then that's great. However, I know people who have like four day weekends and lol...that aren't going to get you into law.

Also, how about time to fit in extra curricular stuff?

sugartits

HSC
I know its not easy, but its an area that I seem talented and motivated in (And have a strong family history related to Professors etc overseas) So I'm not exactly concerned with the difficulty so much.

My extra curricular stuff fits fine with having 1 day off, i'm just wondering if being at uni for that long will be counter productive?

I guess I'm quite motivated, won't waste all my spare time (There's bound to be some moments wasted but that probably goes for everyone in their 'study time' at some point)

chrissyomenko

HSC
image.jpg

Will I survive Monday and Tuesday? The idea was to have an early thurs and Fri, but is it worth it?

chrissyomenko

HSC
The point is I'm not sure as I've never tried it before, I think I'm more of a lecture person than classroom person though.... Apparently there is 10mins between the finish and start of the next lecture I just hope it's enough of a break for my brain.

bangladesh

HSC
lol i didn't get my timetable coz bio and chem ssp clashed, but i'm sure that i'm gonna have a FULL friday, like legit... from 9 am to 5 pm... no break.. :(

Noni5

HSC
I am starting first year at Cumberland 2014 Sem 1 - Ex sc and Sport.
Confused as to timetabling.
If nearly all my subjects/classes on the timetable unit show this ∗ Movement from an alternate class in this subject to this class is restricted. Does this mean when I get my timetable on Monday, I have no option to block out my work afternoons if I am allocated a class at that time.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
View attachment 30001

Will I survive Monday and Tuesday? The idea was to have an early thurs and Fri, but is it worth it?
I'd spread it more cause you have to go in five days a week pretty much with your subs. The 6hrs no break will be punish on the Tuesday.

Also on the food, I have eaten in lectures or tutes sometimes depending what I have going on. Most lecturers/tutors don't mind.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
View attachment 30001

You will "survive" but it is mental suicide. There is no way I would even consider going anymore than 5 hours straight. Are you really sure you want to have a timetable like that? Obviously, spreading it would be the best option but it's up to you.

sugartits

HSC
timetable 3day.jpg

timetable 3day.jpg

So i changed the 11 hour long day on my 2 day time table to this 3 day one, so now i get thursday afternoons off but friday mornings on :(

what do you guys think?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah that looks good. It's also manageable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)