• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Timetabling ... (2 Viewers)

will90211

HSC
Hi all.

Well! After numerous attempts (and on different browsers) I have finally managed to sought out my timetable for session 1. How Australia's number one 'modern' university can host such a buggy timetable is infuriating and beyond me at the same time.

I digress. Using the slow 'list' calendar view I have made my timetable. I have Monday and Tuesday off... Yay! Anyway... Is it likely that my 'penciled in' timetable ( I haven't enrolled yet ) could be altered due to lec and tyre spots being filled in? I'm doing AHIS110, EDUC105, MHIS121 and CUL 120.

Cheers.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hi all.

Well! After numerous attempts (and on different browsers) I have finally managed to sought out my timetable for session 1. How Australia's number one 'modern' university can host such a buggy timetable is infuriating and beyond me at the same time.
lol, welcome to Macquarie University. Spends millions on robotic library, cannot provide students with basic online services.

I digress. Using the slow 'list' calendar view I have made my timetable. I have Monday and Tuesday off... Yay! Anyway... Is it likely that my 'penciled in' timetable ( I haven't enrolled yet ) could be altered due to lec and tyre spots being filled in? I'm doing AHIS110, EDUC105, MHIS121 and CUL 120.

Cheers.
Firstly, you shouldn't worry about lecture times filling up, by week three 25% of the course tends to stop going to them anyway.

As for tutes, it really depends on when your on-campus enrollment is. Enrollments started on the 3rd, so if you're not enrolling till later in the month it's entirely possible that your desired time slots could be full. It is a good idea to have preferred back up times just in case.

btw, you're going to love AHIS110; Tom Hillard is one of the best lecturers in the department.

will90211

HSC
My enrollment is this wed...

Oh good! I never did (but 110%) regret doing ancient history in high school so I was hoping to get someone good for what will possiblie be one of the hardest subject I take for year 1... Just out of curiosity how is ahis110 in terms of workload etc.

Whole I'm here I'd like to thank you again for your 'wtf do I do when I get my offer' post - to say it has helped would be an understatement

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
My enrollment is this wed...
You'll probably be ok in terms of tute times, but i would still have back up times just in case.

Oh good! I never did (but 110%) regret doing ancient history in high school so I was hoping to get someone good for what will possiblie be one of the hardest subject I take for year 1... Just out of curiosity how is ahis110 in terms of workload etc.
That's ok, high school ancient history isn't anything like uni ancient history - in fact a lot of people who did ancient history in HS end up having to un-learn certain bad habits.

It's a pretty standard first year AHIS unit workload:

- Weekly readings
- 2x 1000-1500 word tute papers (based on your choice of weekly readings)
- 1x big prosopography research assignment - probably the most useful assignment you'll ever do in terms of teaching research skills, seriously. I think my one ended up being about 5000 words.
- 1x final exam worth about 40-50% of the course.

Whole I'm here I'd like to thank you again for your 'wtf do I do when I get my offer' post - to say it has helped would be an understatement
No worries :)

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
May cat just out of curiosity did you do any sociology units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)