Tips for a first time L driver (1 Viewer)

gem_max

HSC
Make sure that your foot knows the difference between brake and accelerator, not just your head! Once you have that sorted make sure you adapt to steering around a corner to the point where you dont steer anymore or its an oversteer. After you have mastered those to things youre ready to head out onto actual roads and after having a couple of decent (even if theyre slow and cautious) drives your confidence should go up and up and you'll be moving onto mastering specifics such as three point turns etc. Have fun! I started learning 3 months ago and am going for my Ps in a week so the new to driving thing is still a fresh memory but you do move on from it in no time.

klh

HSC
the main thiong is getting used to the road and also indicating to others what you are going to do before you do it. becasue im used to my bike, i soemtimes forget to indicate until the last second etc.
also learn to drive in narrow and hilly areas so your foot is consistent and stuff and your steering is accurate.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
u should drive around the backstreet and very slowly nothing above 60 ... lol almost crashed reversing into a pole first time :(

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
good name? its not ur trying to get a job or get into uni

if ppl feel comfortable paying someone who is properly trained to teach someone to be a responsible driver and help them get their Ps i dont see the problem- its thier money and its supposed to ensure they become a responsible driver

that way u dont have to listen to ur mother/father nag you about getting in the other lane or it will be too late

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
nah too lazy to do my hours. hahaha plus older brother and sister can be a problem when it comes to giving lifts and sharing the car

but in the end i dont need to drive cause when i go out i usually drink and dont want to be responsible yet :)

good old trains :) always late

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
haha oh well its not so bad

i dont have the money for a car neways and id rather move out first than have a car

my only motivation to get my Ps really is so my Ls dont expire forcing me to do that stupid test again :mad:

v sia

HSC
What info do u need to start driving with the instructers and how long does it take ???
Is there like a 10 week contract or is it pay as you go ?
oh yeah last thing can u fire them any time ?? cause im afraid that they might suck

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
go slow , dont crash into anything , make sure u know which one the brake is and which one the accelerator is and the manual car i think its called the clutch or something. yeah cos if you get them mixed up u'll have a crashed, stalled car
happy driving :p

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
drive on the road.
dont crash into horses/cows/dogs/any sort of animal
dont drive into any person, no matter how much you hate them and want them to die
dont kill your parents whilest driving
dont drive above 80km/p
stick to speed limits

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
drive as fast as you can
do not obey road rules whatsoever

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
v sia said:
What info do u need to start driving with the instructers and how long does it take ???
Is there like a 10 week contract or is it pay as you go ?
oh yeah last thing can u fire them any time ?? cause im afraid that they might suck
well with my instructor I paid as I had lessons, I didn't have any contract. I just called someone from my local newspaper. $40 per hour.
I usually book another lesson after I finish a lesson.
If you don't like them of course you don't have to call them again.

mishka

HSC
N/A
keep an "air bubble" around your car: know what's in front, behind and beside the car at all times.

also, keep scanning the road for kids, animals, and unidentified rolling/flying/bouncing/crashing things.

don't drive too close to the vehicle in front - have at least 3 seconds gap and in built up areas (near lots of shops etc.) always be ready to brake. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)