• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tips for Interviews for Accounting Cadetship 2007 (1 Viewer)

dashkenny

HSC
Hi,

Thought i'd just start it off, don't flame me if this was supos to go in the 'cadetship 2007' thread

Could people currently doing cadetship's please give some advice on how to approach the interviews?

Cheers :wave:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
dashkenny said:
Thought i'd just start it off, don't flame me if this was supos to go in the 'cadetship 2007' thread
If I'm not allowed to flame you.. then what can I do?

dashkenny said:
Could people currently doing cadetship's please give some advice on how to approach the interviews?
Should've asked us at the info sessions; or listened at the workshops which gave out plenty of tips for group interviews.

Two great words: Be yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you're not because at this level, personality/interpersonal skills is what makes the difference.

EDIT: Btw you have an interesting signature... what's "Uni Accounting (HD)"? Also curious as to how you know your marks or are these based on progress so far (or estimations)?

Last edited:

dils1989

dilssssssssssss
HSC
i think those mite be his aims?^^

also for interviewsgo in and try to hav a conversation and ask some interesting qs instead of jjust trying to sell ureself. make them want to sell their company to u and act interested

dashkenny

HSC
cheers guys

in response seremify, ahaha i'm a melbourne person and the icaa night was so packed i couldn't even get a chance to talk to current cadets etc

in particular are the group interviews / test / partner interview all done in one day? or is it like stages?

oh and that uni account thingo is i'm currently studying one subject relating to university accounting and my aim is for high distinction.

bah i'm so worried about these group interviews :bomb: get owned by all those elite school people

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
dashkenny said:
cheers guys

in response seremify, ahaha i'm a melbourne person and the icaa night was so packed i couldn't even get a chance to talk to current cadets etc
I agree. Usually we bring heaps of people out there but this time it was just 5 of us and I was swarmed from all directions! Even getting to the drinks outside for a Coke was quite a challenge (then I realised I should take off my name badge).

dashkenny said:
in particular are the group interviews / test / partner interview all done in one day? or is it like stages?
Depends on the firm. Different firms have different ways.

dashkenny said:
oh and that uni account thingo is i'm currently studying one subject relating to university accounting and my aim is for high distinction.

bah i'm so worried about these group interviews :bomb: get owned by all those elite school people
Don't worry too much- I felt daunted too (I'm from a government school). Just be yourself :)

And best wishes with your accounting studies. At least you have proof that you know what you're getting yourself into and actually enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)