Tips for subjects (1 Viewer)

BOS101

HSC
Hello.

I am in my 5th week of year 11 and I am struggling to figure out how to actually study for my subjects.
My subjects are: English Advanced, Math Standard 2, Studies of Religion 2, Legal Studies, Business Studies and Business Services (VET).

I do somewhat have an idea of how to study for SOR, legal and business (making notes via syllabus dotpoints) But I'm just stuck on english and math.
For math, I'm not sure there's more I could do than homework.
With english, I have no idea where to start. There's not exactly syllabus dotpoints I could use as a guide, or questions to complete like math.

I'm just really stuck.

atl2664

HSC
Hi there!

I'm a fellow year 11 student so I guess my advice is limited but I'll try my best.

For English I just kind of consistently read anything that I can get my hands on thats based around the topic, and maybe try to get previous exemplar essays/stories, or maybe works from the top students of the same year or above. There's a couple of threads that should help out around here as well I think if you search it up.

In terms of maths there I suppose you could either push on with content or just reinforce what you already know by just consistently doing questions, especially those that you can get from online resources. I think you can find some past papers here and there on the internet, but otherwise I guess just constantly study for the topics you know are going to be covered in the exam.

Not sure how much this will help but hope it does :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
For mathematics, it really is to do lots of questions and ensure that you know how to apply your knowledge to all types of questions so you aren't lost in an exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)