Tips for Year 10s? (1 Viewer)

MollieH

HSC
N/A
Any tips you could give to students in Year 10 (class of 2015)?
I'm motivated to become a better student so I might as well start good habits now right?
If you could go back to your Year 10 self, what would you change about yourself to make the future better? (in terms of school i'm thinking)

enoilgam

HSC
I would probably start putting in a little effort - forming a study habit and developing some study methods which work for you can help a lot in the later years and even in uni. You dont have to go all out, but putting in an effort early on can make a big difference down the track for many people.

Verify

HSC
Since it's Year 10, I'd probably want to try to have fun and enjoy the learning experience through the school year. Sure competition is an inevitability, but don't be full-on with it.

Also, something I regret not doing is participating in more volunteering activities. Things such as Red Shield Appeal, 40hr Famine etc. make you a better person, and you get to have fun in the process!

If you haven't already, try to be more involved into school activities such as debating, public speaking, grade sports teams and whatnot. I've found that through being in my school's debating team, I've had the opportunity to effectively work with my team, as well as get to know other people from different schools. Expand that social network!

Study-wise, don't work like 5 hours a day. This is not good for you. Instead, try to complete all your homework (because it actually matters) as well as a small amount of extra self-study on the side. If you wish to do more, go for it, but not too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)