tips? (1 Viewer)

zy

HSC
i've been totally bludging prelims and i have year 12 in a week or so and i've recently come across a few threads mentioning that 30% of prelim-work will be tested in year 12, so does anyone know what topics i should concentrate on right now?

thanks. :]

* by the way, is the 30% tested internal, external or both?

T

Testpilot

Just look at a past paper. Anything you haven't seen before will be year 12. The rest is year 11 work and you should be able to do.

PC

HSC
N/A
zy said:
* by the way, is the 30% tested internal, external or both?
Both.

And the 30% does not include "lead in questions" but just stand alone questions on preliminary topics.

For example, a stand alone question on a preliminary topic might be all about an offset survey or a field diagram (M2 topic). However, a lead in might be something like working out a length using pythagoras' theorem (Preliminary work, M4 topic) and then going on and using that length as part of a non-right angled triangle (M6 topic).

For your internal tests, some tests might be ALL prelim work, which is fine, provided that another test is mostly HSC work. The total composiition of ALL tasks needs to be no more than 30% prelim work.

Scary huh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)