• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

To all current UWS students wishing to continue study in 2005 (1 Viewer)

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
if your applyng for a transfer, you have to enrol yourself in the units for the new course you're wishing to get into, as this will prevent you being disadvantaged in terms of getting all the tute times you want next semester, as changes to units cannot be processed until after the 4th of january, so if you're lucky enough to have you're tute reg time really close to this date, chances are you wont get your desired times. so, if more than likely you know you've got the transfer - aka - your GPA is above 5 - enrol yourself in the units you would be doing in the new course. Rememeber to leave your old course code though, so the course you're currently in at the moment. This can then be changed by Admin staff once the transfer becomes official.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I finally was bothered to enrol ... damn if only i could have done it at parra, had to drive more than an hour to get out to richmond :rolleyes:

klh

HSC
To elmo, let me rephrase- students on other campuses (campii?) can't enrol on the more popular campuses such as parramatta and bankstown. However a student with home campus as parramatta can enrol in parramatta. hope this i cleasred up.

Bubz, i hope i am right but i was told over and over again by the coordianator (coz i kept nagging her) that i am not allowed to transfer to parra through the GICT scheme nor register for tutes there either. Also sh said that it is the same with students on another campus wanting to enrol in bankstown, not allowed.

zzangelzz, that what i was told as well!

gotta study, cya

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
so does this mean that i can't do the parra subject which i chose for first semester? cause the lecturer said that i could do the subject even though my home campus is hawkesbury cause traditionally the class isn't really big.

klh

HSC
there may be exceptions i guess, i aint uws admin ya know! but there is a policy that you cant enrol or have tutes at parra or bankstown if you have a different home campus.
Is the unit you are doing a core or a differnt area of study to what you are doing?
Like some double degrees, you can do your units anywhere since some units will not be offered at your home campus.

i think that is the only explanation i can come up with. If your lecturer said yes- than you probably can do it. Also you can prbably bypass uws policy since i didnt even have to get a sig and still can do a unit not on my home campus.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its a completely different subject to what i am studying for as part of my degree.

I couldn't be bothered getting a signature, but i got an email which the student centre said was fine. oh well ... not gonna complain just hoping that my subjects won't clash!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)