To Answer all 'What If' Questions. (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Okay, here is a diagram, with different outcomes so you can understand how it works. It involves (two people close to the top) and someone on the bottom doing very well.

As is seen, B Got the Highest HSC mark even though him and A have been pretty close throughout the Year. E Improved, even though he did pretty crap and D, sucked throughout so he got a sucky mark. And, Because E Improved so significantly, he rose the mark of C to a 72.5, even though C was an average student. (He stole marks of E).

What happens? The School Gives Ranks to the BOS (Board of Studies), they then compare those ranks with the ranks in the HSC exam. The person who came first in the School Assessment get the Highest mark in the HSC exam as their school Assessment mark. Then their Assessment mark is Added with their HSC Mark and Cut in half to produce their HSC Final Mark. (I Hope you Get It.)

>Click on the Link to See The Image<

Edited by jm1234567890: check out http://www.users.on.net/~unix/HSCmarks.pdf for more indepth explaination

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
yep that 50% weighing wont put a dent in your UAI at all

8 hour later edit: /sarcasm

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
yep that 50% weighing wont put a dent in your UAI at all

8 hour later edit: /sarcasm

excellent so i won't be studying for my trials

*slams book shut*

case closed

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
gobaby said:
excellent so i won't be studying for my trials

*slams book shut*

case closed
I concur,
I feel there is no point studying either.

I either know and can elaborate what I learn from the lesson in the past or absolutely not be able to recall, regardless of time spent. I only study for the formulas ...

sinist4

HSC
sobasically... i would be absoluty STUFFED, cause im coming 2nd and say i get 90 and the 1st person gets 70, in the external hsc exam. leave me with a mark of 80... isnt there somethnig that they do to stop this :(

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Not exactly, more like 78-83, unless the person who came third internally got 80 ^.^ depends on your cohort. But, in a small class, yes 80.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)