• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

to change or not to change (1 Viewer)

stacky29

HSC
Ok so I don't particularly like my school, I have been thinking about changing to a different one for most of this year, anyway I'm not sure if I should or not. I don't want to have to restart the hole "hey I'm stacey and I'm gay" thing again, but at the school I'm at there are alot of things there that I dred and certain events that have happend that make me hate going there, but anyway if anyone has changed school's did you find it easy..or what were your experiences like with the changing experience?
thanks...xox

Evilo

HSC
well you'll have to decide very soon, because the conversion will be even harder the later you leave it. I can make the assuption you're in year 10. If you think your circumstances wil get worse at you're new school then why not? But you just gotta be realistic - if the change will be worth it.

The whole "i'm gay thing" im not to sure about - are you just generalising there, or do you really mean it? I mean was that the reason why you are thinking of changing schools? If yes, i wouldn't tell people that, school kids are pretty immature.

I've never changed schools, but i have had friends that have. Keep in mind people will be curious as to why u've changed, so you gotta have a pretty good reason. Otherwise they'll just think your some fuckup who got suspended and traded. As far as my friends go - one of my friends left because his marks were not good enough and they would hope an extra year would make him mature. This is when you've got be realistic in yourself, because at the end of the day i think he might go worse than he would of the 1st time because hes just "over it".
Hope this helps

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
If you can find another school where you think you'll be happier and do better, then go for it. However, sometimes it is better the devil you know.

As for being gay, I presume you meant it literally, and therefore, you don't HAVE to tell people as soon as you rock up to a new school. Make some friends first and then tell them. If you don't feel you want to keep it a secret though, then the rest of your grade should have the guts to be able to deal with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)