To choose Postmodernism? (1 Viewer)

freaky.styly

HSC
I am currently studying The Gothic at Extension 1 level. Let it be known that i am at present in year 11. As we have been given the choice of topics for next year's study, one option is Postmodernism, though whilst i am very interested in studying it, my teacher actively discouraged it as we have not been sufficiently 'prepared' throughout the course of this year. Is it an enjoyable topic that, if is followed profusely can be mastered over the course of the year? or perhaps choosing the Science Fiction Unit may be more applicable to my current AOS and may tie in with EE2 to greater effect.

Alternatively i think postmodernism would tie in well with the creation of a short story.

any thoughts or advice? preferably from those who have studied it

lionking1191

HSC
look up some stuff on it and see if you are interested, it'll be very enjoyable if you can relate to and actively engage with the concept. having said that it is one of the more "tricky" electives. objectively speaking genre (revenge, spec fic) are much more st. forward electives, a bit like advanced, but yeah see which one ur interested in.

ps. i thought they are changing the syllabus

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
My advice would be don't choose postmodernism. Sure it's a fun unit, but it's hard- very hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)