Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Plan C

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

elisabeth

HSC
Pros
No need to cram for trials.
Subject with most to learn, would free up memory space for other subjects in HSC.
Teacher isn't very good at teaching it.
Not really enjoying it anymore.
No need to learn Arab-Israeli conflict.

Cons
Might feel like a quitter.
Fun class.
Don't want to disappoint teachers.

What approach should I take?

Plan A
- Drop subject before trial.
- Focus on other subjects.

Plan B
- Do little/no revision and try and wing trial (30%).
- Reconsider dropping it afterwards based on results.

Plan C
- Be 100% determined to stick it out.
- Frantically cram for trials.
- Keep if for HSC.

I'm really stressed here, I know it might seem silly, but I would really appreciate some advice here. Some more info: I do 12 units, trials start monday (eng I + bio), tuesday (eng II), wed (modern), thurs (maths).

elisabeth

HSC
To drop it? I don't think so, but of course I'd have to ask the teachers. Or did you mean as in you've come all this way only to stop now?

tempco

HSC
plan c till trials. but if you're not commited, you might as well drop it now.

decide to drop it or not based on final rankings.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
just keep it and get some serious study done after trials (or even cram now)...thats my plan for ancient history...lol i mean PLAN C

AJohnston1121

HSC
I know its probably a bit late but I had the same problem. I had 11Units. And I was struggling with History Ext. However I dropped it the week before the Trails. I should of stuck in their with it but well Too bad I guess. The school told me I could drop it as long as I did so before the Assessment tasks were due so I just made it. I was the first to drop and 2 others followed afterwards.

=slade=

HSC
im in the exact same situation as you elisabeth!!

my trial is tomorrow, i think ill drop (after it) and forget about modern forever... leaving me with 10 units.

wat have u decided to do?

Last edited:

boscoryan007

HSC
Bdogg

always make life easy for yourself
by lazy its easier than workign hard
if you only need 10 units , why do 12
Drop now. its as simple as that

elisabeth

HSC
Thanks everyone, even the people who dragged this up again - I'm sticking with it though. What's the worst that can happen, I give it a go and it doesn't count?

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
elisabeth..im actually in the ame boat..i was contemplating to drop modern coz well..i found it tons boring..and i could afford to drop it as im doing 12U...it isnt my best mark...but 60% in my trial with ZILCH study wasnt so bad..and so it looks that adv maths wont count after all..:p

i think we should both study..depends how urs is on the timetable eh?..can u drop it this late..like just not walk into the exam or suimfin?

i hav 6 days free b4 modern..so yeahand then i hav another 6 days til business whic his my final exam..so im just gonna study like a maniac for 6 days n see how i go :D **nods head**

what did u get for ur trial mark 4 it? and what UAI r ya aiming for? (elisabeth)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
How could you even consider droppin modern? It's the BEST subject!

hipPo3

HSC
Dont drop now .. no piont, mightaswell do as the best u can and let the Bos poeple knock ur crap subject out.

jennylim

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
By far the best subject of the HSC.
i love it but it is SO MUCH WORK. and the work is probably quadrupled because i have a shit teacher who makes us do it ourselves. aaargh it's my best subject but it drives me up the wall sometimes (like, now).

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yep modern is so koo. but if u hate writing essays and lazy not to do your own reading, then you should drop it.

borkis04

You have been blocked.
HSC
I lost interest this year. Last year i was 4th and loving it because it was so easy, and well i thought it wasnt much work at all..:p

This year its all become jsut that much more boring. Do u guys do the Arab-Israeli conflict..? Boring as bat shit.

LordSeafood

HSC
Yea i know lots of people who find modern boring ... then i learn what topics they do and it definatly sounds boring.

I did/im doing WWI(obviously), The rise of Hitler/reifenstahl and the UN. And most of it was pretty interesting, although ive always been interested in hitler and nazi germany, and the only thing that was boring was learning about the structure of the UN

borkis04

You have been blocked.
HSC
I know! I would have loved to do Hitler! I find that sort of history intriguing! But the Arab-Israeli conflict is a bunch of political circles that get absolutely nowhere. I watched a documentary on it which was an old fogie hardly speaking swahili and no subtitles. I fell asleep, everybody did except our teacher who was fascinated as a fat kid with cake, and eventually we missed all of recess and half of our next period because nobody woke up...:D it was a nice nap :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)