• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

To grad. with one or two majors? (1 Viewer)

disorient

HSC
I've got a bit of a dilemma at hand...

Originally, I was due to graduate with a triple major in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Corporate Finance. However due to *cough* unforeseen circumstances from last semester, I failed 2 capstone units for my MA and finance majors... these units werent available this semester so unfortunately i couldnt repeat them so ive taken up other random electives in lieu ... I have a job lined up for a Feb start ... should I ..

a) finish this sem and do one more unit at summer school to be officially a "graduand" by the time i start work and be suffice with a BComm majoring ONLY in accounting?

or b) Return again next semester to repeat that awful *groan* finance unit (whilst working) to grad with two majors?

I know I have no aspiration to pursue anything in finance ...but am scared of the prospective of having to look for work again one day and competing with other BComm holders who have standard Acc/Fin double majors...

Sorry for being so long winded but question is at the end of the day, are double/triple majors really necessary?

:worried:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Does work require you to have graduated?

There is always postgrad qualifications?

I think it is fair to say that the longer you are out of university, the lower the value of the degree - especially for accg/accg+fin...

disorient

HSC
Well its a graduate position ...the offer didnt say its subject to graduation so im not sure ... wonder if theyll check when i start? :S

DOES having more than one major really count?!?! Especially when you know you wont need it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)