To IWR, MJ, Good to Go, Scarecrow and other MQ law BOS'ers (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Would u recommend doing:

Semester 1
LAW316
LAW4xx/5xx
LAW4xx/5xx
ECON350 (dont worry about this one)

Semester 2
LAW317
LAW406
LAW4xx/5xx
LAW4xx/5xx

OR

Semester 1
LAW316
LAW4xx/5xx

Semester 2
LAW317
LAW406
LAW4xx/5xx

take another semester and do the remaining 2 LAW4xx/5xx in the 11 th semester and grad half way through the year?

Also, is anyone interested in doing LAW402 family law thats being offered in 2008?

X

xeuyrawp

Sifn't try the first one, then drop out if you find it's too much. :-/ Just don't buy the textbooks until you're sure.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sifn't

Sem 1:

JPN123
ISYS123
WST101

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I recommend:
Tabris said:
Semester 1
LAW316
LAW4xx/5xx
LAW4xx/5xx

Semester 2
LAW317
LAW406
LAW4xx/5xx
LAW4xx/5xx
For the second LAWXXX unit in second semester, do Ethics (2cp and external) and an elective. In semester 1 do Remedies (just to get it over and done with).

I was looking into family law... but... I will only do it if there is no other alternative.

HSC
it would depend upon whether i thought i could handle that number of subjects - which is completely an individual thing. if u reckon you can handle it, go for it - why finish later than you have to?

Tabris

HSC
Thx for the tips,

I have completed Law Lawyers and Society last year when i transferred, where the second half of the course was full on about how lawyers should act, ethics and the legal profession regulations etc.

I doubt i can do remedies until my last year, it requires 12cp from law 3xx and i will only have completed 6 by the end of this.

I guess it wouldn't be in my interest to finish by overloading when i plan to keep my GPA 3.6+ while hoping to do clerkships, summer work and internships thats related.

Seeing how everything is 4CP it may not be a good idea to overload. Maybe an extra semester with less work and more breathing room is preferrable.

Also, does anyone know how common it is to finish later than the prescribed time? or employers may look negatively upon it?

iwannarock

HSC
i dont even think you need to really ask to know my answer considering the type of law student i am.

4 subjects.......i would die.

im doing 4 subjects now. but one of those is legal ethics. do you get to do that?

because its like it doesnt exist.

its actually a bit worrying.

but yeah........be like one of those weirdos that graduate in the halfyear like me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)