To Keep or not to Keep? (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i hab 12 units ( 12 is a good number)
but IT is taking so much time at tafe~~ and i dunt really like it tat much.. to keep or not to keep? :eek:
i dink IT is a bit useless... the stuff im learning is quite dumb.....

so watcha dink? :confused: :confused:

Sam

samboh
HSC
Hmmmz.. totally all up to U!!
to me IT was kinda pretty easy...and that was why i guess i thought it was a total waste of time.
But i liked it...simply because of the simplicity of it.
If u do it, it will be heaps easy. If u don't, you won't be missing out on much either.

So put it simply, its all up to you.

Winston

HSC
if u dont need to study for it like me and ace the course
then keep it
for a confident booster
but if u have to study
and occasionally struggle
then just do ur work and try ur best but dont devote too much time
and just leave it as a backup

professor

i kinda agree with the time wasting part, but think bout it, u actual get something out of it(i hope)...the problem with IT is that the work u put in to get a top top mark is so much i doubt u have any other time left with other subjects coz of those rules and legislations...

Jellymonsta

keep it. IT took about 3 hours a week for me, and i aced it.
its a simple course, plus you get lvl2 qualifications by the time you are looking at uni/tafe/work. not much, but it is a slight advantage over most school leavers.

seriously, IT required the least amount of work at home of all my courses, and i now have the option of jumping straight into lvl3 IT... where i might actually learn something.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i advise you to dropped

i wish i could dropped but i have 11 units :(

del

HSC
N/A
i'm with JellyMonsta... 'cos yeah if u choose to go to Tafe, you don't have to start all the way back at the beginning, which not only saves time, but also means you get to do more fun stuff.

yeah IT was low on my agenda...

but, unless your sure you can get at least band 5 in it, keep your other subjects (if your on 11+ units)

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i advise you to drop this subject, or do it and make sure it doesnt count to your HSC mark ...

i'm doing 13 units this year, with IT, but i aint gonna sit the HSC exam for IT. my career's advisor said that sitting the IT exam will pull your overall UAI mark down to an average of 6-12 marks. she said the reason is coz VET courses dont require much thinking. my friend who sat IT in 2002, got an overall UAI of 85 point something, but she lost 8 marks because she topped the IT hsc exam...

so, i still am doing IT and i will get the tafe certificate at the end of the year...i'm going to do 11 units for the HSC exam (i can still get a UAI). i'm not gonna drop it coz i rather b doing IT then having a 'study period' in the libaray which turns into a social gathering...

thats my opinion... but again it is up to you.

del

HSC
N/A
heya I was on 12 units, and IT ended up counting for my UAI instead of Maths and I got band 5 in both.

It depends on what percentile range you land up in based upon your results. In which case for me, the precentile band was a lot higher in IT than in Maths.

And high UAI's are possible - 96.55 (though I spose some want higher)

If you do good in it, it is quite okay.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
oh wow kewl thx that helpz makes me feel so much better :D since its already too late to change

c00kiezncreme

awww..im SO confused now!

So basically, If u think u're going 2 do well..U KEEP otherwise you drop it if u have enuf units to do so...

But really...I still dont know! I have 12units..but it is so likely im going to do better in IT than in Eco or something but if IT does count, i dont want it 2 scale me down!

how well do u have 2 do in it to be okay?

its not hard gettin a band 5, is it?

let me know ppls.. =)

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by c00kiezncreme
But really...I still dont know! I have 12units..but it is so likely im going to do better in IT than in Eco or something but if IT does count, i dont want it 2 scale me down!

how well do u have 2 do in it to be okay?

its not hard gettin a band 5, is it?...

to the first one, if IT does count, it is because once 'scaled' it gives you a better mark than Eco does 'scaled'... so iin such a case it isn't really scaling you down because if they took Eco it be worse....

but I'm guessing your talking scale in general...

for band 5, not too hard... 4.20% out of 3996 got a band 5 which is around 167 people... but you still have to do relatively well if u want the scaled mark to be not too bad

the majority of candidates got Band 3 (42.01%)

c00kiezncreme

thanks del! so i guess im jus gonna have to aim for atleast a band 5..but i still dont get it- how so many ppl didnt do 2 well..i mean only 2 ppl go in2 band 6..thas shocking!

the paper for last year was fairly easy...

any tips for studying for IT..i dont have that many notes for this subject..

malteaze_aura

Hey Cookie, are you serious when you say that you dont have any notes! U need some notes so u can get a feel fo rthe content. If i were you I would go to the NSW HSC site and check that out for syllabus content. As for IT as a subject I think that by this time everyone should keep it and obtain the certificate as for sitting the HSC exam for it, its u p to you guys.

c00kiezncreme

im serious when i mean i dont have enuf notes..i got bits of paper but nothing proper!! :S

thas the thing, im not sure how to study for the subject! Basically its common sense and a bit of computer jargon that u need to know..

tho is there ne places where u can get notes from?

del

HSC
N/A
hsc.csu.edu.au has notes, and exercises if i remember right...
also OTEN booklets/notes for ITV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)