To Plan Or Not To Plan (1 Viewer)

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
My 2c - I think planning is crucial. I did it for every exam involving an essay. Just spend 1 minute making a really rough plan - this will ensure your response is question-focused. Without a plan, I don't see how you can write a response that flows and includes only relevant ideas. I did practice responses without a plan and I'd usually get halfway through and realise there was a better point, or I'd structured it round the wrong way. Seriously, if you spend even 30 seconds making a written plan, your response will be much more coherent. Also, for me once I'd written down the structure of my essay I felt heaps more confident when starting the essay because I knew exactly where I was heading and which ideas to keep referring back to. If it works for you, I'm sure a mental plan is fine but a written one will constantly keep you on check with what you're writing. I used to write several dot points as a plan and put that piece of paper above my writing booklet, so I could check if I was getting off topic. Anyways that was a ramble but hope this helps. And good luck for tomorrow everyone - sleep well - if you're feeling stressed, watch some disney movies it helped me lol :)

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I recommend planning, even if it's a rough jotting down of words, as this ensures that you stay on track throughout the essay. Often if there's a question that's unexpected or trickier than usual I spend 1-2 mins making a flow chart of my thesis and the attached ideas. This really pays off for me as it ensures that my thesis is coherent and expressive, not just a re-arrangement of the question.

NWO

HSC
lol dont plan in ur reading time lmao. Just dont plan at all. If u had memorised just write. lol. Read during reading time or gg comprehensnio

NWO

HSC
I cant plan for sht lol. i get nervous when i think in my head. But when i just write- Ill just flow and it all comes back :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)