To those who are considering to do this subject (1 Viewer)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I already completed the HSC for this subject so I can tell you my opinion about it.

It's boring like seriously. Even if you're interested in computers, you still have to learn the boring bits to it such as communication, OHS, policies and procedures etc.

It is one of the lowest scaling subjects. Out of 50, I think it's a mere 25? Doing this is the same as not doing it if you're doing 12 units in Year 12.

My computing teacher left out a large portion of details when he was introducing IT as an accelerated HSC course to us. He didn't tell us that it's not counted towards the 12 preliminary units, making most of us have only 11 units thus ineligible for a preliminary certificate.

Last edited:

Samu

HSC
Personally I think it's a pretty good subject, in my case anyway...it's so fuckking easy?

I got 89% for the preliminary exam and I don't have a book for the subject, it's common sense which is what IT is.

Work experience was at a net cafe on george st where i played games, and we play dota every lesson..it even says in the syllabus outcomes that BOS takes it as pressumed knowledge and what they do test you on is cake.

It also gives you a certificate that is recognised at tafes for so many months into IT courses if you're thinking of going into IT.

Steppenwolf

HSC
Yes its boring as hell. but very simple. and yea you get a certificate out of it like Samu said.

Samu said = the new form of simon say's :rolleyes:

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Mang, all that we've done in IT has been; Take Photos, Tetris, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Nintendo 64 Games, BOS.

Modules are there but yeah.

michael1990

HSC
ticky2002 said:
Mang, all that we've done in IT has been; Take Photos, Tetris, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Nintendo 64 Games, BOS.

Modules are there but yeah.
same!

we have no theory lessons which makes it so hard to study

and plus i am sick of hearing 'if you do everything in the modules and i read it you will be fine for the HSC' from my teacher.

I WANT THEORY LESSONS!

i want to be able to look back and be like yep thats easy yep. Because i can't 'wing' the HSC.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
same!

we have no theory lessons which makes it so hard to study

and plus i am sick of hearing 'if you do everything in the modules and i read it you will be fine for the HSC' from my teacher.

I WANT THEORY LESSONS!

i want to be able to look back and be like yep thats easy yep. Because i can't 'wing' the HSC.
We don't have theories. Although apparently we just need to know the information on the modules. Which we can get to on our Intranet.

Most the stuff in the exams we've had for it I know anyway, so I'm set mostly. But yeah. Stupid legislation things and that I'm like wha??

michael1990

HSC
ticky2002 said:
We don't have theories. Although apparently we just need to know the information on the modules. Which we can get to on our Intranet.

Most the stuff in the exams we've had for it I know anyway, so I'm set mostly. But yeah. Stupid legislation things and that I'm like wha??
thats the exact same thing as me!

but i still want something to refer to for when we come closer to the HSC.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
thats the exact same thing as me!

but i still want something to refer to for when we come closer to the HSC.
Can't you just refer to the modules on the intranet? Use the information on them.

michael1990

HSC
ticky2002 said:
Can't you just refer to the modules on the intranet? Use the information on them.
I like to read notes.

So nah not the modules.

I don't understand why we can't have theory lessons.

TidyBoi

HSC
Well in year 11 for the last 3-4 weeks it's all been bloody OH&S.

BORING!

HSC
TidyBoi said:
Well in year 11 for the last 3-4 weeks it's all been bloody OH&S.

BORING!
Haha yeah same! My teacher is also boring, she has this dull tone and sounds like someone sucked the life out of her.

Which is why i swapped it for maths, thank gosh. I heard around 10 people dropped it after i did, so baha. Sucked in for the people who are still doing it.

HSC
IT was one of the best subjects I did. A complete bluge, play a lot of games, never get any homework, still get taught heaps of new great stuff, and best of all, go walking around the school fixing everything like you're important :D

And you get an IT Cert level 2 at the end! As well as awesome work experience.

And of course, I did 12 units, so IT didn't count towards HSC.

xJennax

HSC
Yeah It's an easy course. I don't think it will count towards my UAI or anything coz I'm doing multimedia which will count....

At least you get a certificate out of it. :D

skylineboy001

HSC
N/A
i dont think its that bad, its just the damn OHS that makes me angry, its great if you want a subject that does not require to much studying unlike maths or economics.

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
skylineboy001 said:
i dont think its that bad, its just the damn OHS that makes me angry, its great if you want a subject that does not require to much studying like maths or economics.
Economics not requiring much study?

I think you're mistaken.

Economics requires a lot of studying, although the prelim course doesn't.

Don't forget you need to know current statistics, sources and such for Economics.

As for Mathematics, it needs to have study also. You need to repeat doing questions so that you can be able to do it. Practice makes perfect.

skylineboy001

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Economics not requiring much study?

I think you're mistaken.

Economics requires a lot of studying, although the prelim course doesn't.

Don't forget you need to know current statistics, sources and such for Economics.

As for Mathematics, it needs to have study also. You need to repeat doing questions so that you can be able to do it. Practice makes perfect.
Whoops i meant unlike

HSC
skylineboy001 said:
i dont think its that bad, its just the damn OHS that makes me angry, its great if you want a subject that does not require to much studying unlike maths or economics.
OHS is common sense, not really hard or takes a lot of study.

"Oh look, a gigantic cable in the middle of the room....TRIP HAZARD!"

michael1990

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
OHS is common sense, not really hard or takes a lot of study.

"Oh look, a gigantic cable in the middle of the room....TRIP HAZARD!"
Drawing all the um... plans and stuff is a little difficult. But thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)