To those who are considering to do this subject (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I personally think that IT is a great Course. I am planning on actually finishing my IT diploma next year at tafe.

michael91

HSC
I dunno what u guys r all worried about with the UAI, IT is a great subject, and yes quite easy, doing well in the subject will get u a good UAI.

My brother got a UAI of 96.05 with IT included because he sucked at business studies.

Sharkeh

HSC
I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girls) but I do IT through Tamworth on Distance Ed...

IT'S FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

I suppose it would be good if it were an actual class, but for distance ed it's just not....

michael1990

HSC
Sharkeh said:
I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girls) but I do IT through Tamworth on Distance Ed...

IT'S FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

I suppose it would be good if it were an actual class, but for distance ed it's just not....
Do you get booklets and things sent?
Or is online?

michael1990

HSC
Sharkeh said:
Completely online

We want any books on it (Eg Excel cribs or whatever) we have to buy them ourselves
How do you study for this subject?

michael1990

HSC
Sharkeh said:
Still figuring that one out...

Should probably hurry up, my IT trial is next week.

Ah well
Just had mine today.
I think i did really well.

Currypower

HSC
Sharkeh said:
CSSA?

I have my trial for IT next week

Are Trials and CSSA the same?

CSSA = Something to do with Catholic Schools?
The CSSA is a paper produced for Catholic schools State-wide. They are used for trials generally

jamersonx

HSC
Personally I think it's a pretty good subject, in my case anyway...it's so fuckking easy?

I got 89% for the preliminary exam and I don't have a book for the subject, it's common sense which is what IT is.

Work experience was at a net cafe on george st where i played games, and we play dota every lesson..it even says in the syllabus outcomes that BOS takes it as pressumed knowledge and what they do test you on is cake.

It also gives you a certificate that is recognised at tafes for so many months into IT courses if you're thinking of going into IT.
I agree! For those who already have some sort of background knowledge of computers, IT, how to use microsoft word.. I mean its a fairly straight forward subject!

Sure it can get boring at times, but I found that Terms 3 & 4 last year were really interesting when we did Design User-documents and Design organizational documents.. I was able to apply alot of my graphic design skills..

Anyway.. It paid off I guess, 93% in prelims.

OH. and our teacher is South African, he has a mad accent and I can't help but to laugh when he says "COMPETEEENT"

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah IT is easy, just dont get a dud teacher who deosnt check what hes marking.

Q="Whats the term used when placing software into a computer"
A="Installing" (multiple choice question)

I got it wrong o_O?

LadyWhoAksTooMuch

HSC
Haha yeah same! My teacher is also boring, she has this dull tone and sounds like someone sucked the life out of her.

Which is why i swapped it for maths, thank gosh. I heard around 10 people dropped it after i did, so baha. Sucked in for the people who are still doing it.
not really, i struggled more with math. glad i went to IDT even though my IDT trial exam is in 2 weeks and ive done 0 study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)