Tommorrow when the War Began (1 Viewer)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Excellent series of books- don't know how a movie would be though.

Read them back in Year 7/8ish

Undertoad

HSC
Love the books, all of them. Not sure if a movie would wreck it though. And there are 9 books so far so it would be a pretty big series unless they decided to cut half of it out.

pinkkprincesss said:
theres a new series called the incurables as well
Isn't it called The Ellie Chronicles? The first book is called While I Live and the second is called Incurable.

unistudent

HSC
i read all the books. and the 2 from the next series. i personally dont like "while i live" and "incurable". the first series books were awesome but.

persephone

HSC
I remember reading this in year 6. I used to read it during class under the table. I don't know how you'd make it into a film because a lot of stuff happens. I think a mini-series might be better.

And yes Marsden is disturbed. His books freak me out sometimes.

holdmyhat

HSC
unistudent said:
i read all the books. and the 2 from the next series. i personally dont like "while i live" and "incurable". the first series books were awesome but.
the 2 books from the 2nd series explore a very different situation then the first. In the first series the war was obvious, this time the war isn't so obvious which explains the drop in action. that is why i dont think its fair to compare the two to each other. i admit i didnt enjoy while i live, but by incurable i thought marsden was ironing out the creases (although i thought gavin had it a bit too rough) and iam confidnent by the third book marsden will start making his point clearer.

JMY

HSC
I, uh, hate to say it there, champ, but a movie adaptation would rape our memories of the book.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I remember reading this series when i was in paris then a couple of years ago, undoubtedly one of the best series.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Absolutely awesome series, i love them to bits and reread them whenever possible.
I'm really not too sure about a movie though, because i think its alot to do with how you imagine it that makes these books so wonderful.
I think John Marsden is an amazing writer, and i love all his books. i don't think he's disturbed, he just has a very realistic view of the world we live in.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I read the first few books in the series. Great books. They really drew me in to the world and situations of the characters. I swear I'd enjoy it now as much as I did then, despite it being a young teenagers novel!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Marsden is a bit of a wack job. Broke my heart by trying to kick off the series again Ellie Chronicles? Piss off.
But these books were awesome. However, I cant see a film adaption being any good. I doubt it would have any US appeal, .: no money, .:3rd rate Oz NIDA rejects and pathetic pyrotechnics.
They'd also water down the whole anti-asian/hot sex/gore/terrorism thing, which would be tragic.

salsydney

HSC
god, i loved this series... havent read it in a few years, but absolutely adore it every time i reread it... a big american version of this film would be amazing, just to see some locations, but as the person above me said, an aussie version wouldn't be that great...
good memories, this series was brilliant.. i didnt even know he'd published the second book in the chronicles series

HSC
I read the series about 2 years ago. At the time I was obsessed! But if i reread the series again right now I'm not sure how I'd feel. I don't think they would make good movies though. And I still need to read the second book in the Ellie Chronicles.

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
I loved them when I first read them. I had put off reading them because my sister loved them so much and didn't really want to be reading all the books she reads but I got bored one day and found the fourth book and read that then went back to the start of the series and read them all through. I love them and I have read them multiple times and will continue to read them.

The 2 books in the Ellie Chronicles I have read and though they are definately not as good as the others they are still very enjoyable books.

Mongke

HSC
didnt like the books enough to be dissapointed by a movie so go for it! as soon as i started reading it i thought it would make an awesome movie, but perhaps not a book. oh, how would you portray the bad guys?

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Mongke said:
didnt like the books enough to be dissapointed by a movie so go for it! as soon as i started reading it i thought it would make an awesome movie, but perhaps not a book. oh, how would you portray the bad guys?
That is a good point. Not once during the books is the nationality of the invaders specified. I always pictured them as Asian I don't know why but i did but it would be interesting to see what nationality they would portray them as if they made a movie or miniseries or such.

Mongke

HSC
NRuus said:
That is a good point. Not once during the books is the nationality of the invaders specified. I always pictured them as Asian I don't know why but i did but it would be interesting to see what nationality they would portray them as if they made a movie or miniseries or such.
theyd HAVE to be Asian :( in one of the books he says the attack was from a nieghbouring country who saw Australia's wealth and thought it wasnt fair they were so poor. Indonesia? i dont know contempory Aus history that well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)