Tommorrow when the War Began (1 Viewer)

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Hmm don't remember that. I'll keep a look out the next time i read the books for mention of that. Well the fact that Asia is the neighbouring region to Australia it made sense for them to be Asian i think.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
definitely asian. And yeah, probably Indonesian, because Indonesia is close. That was one element of the book I didn't like. He should have specified the nationality of the invaders!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
I wouldn't bother, it definitely isn't as good as the first, or the first series. i really think he should have just left it at The Other Side of Dawn, which was an awesome, moving book. While i Live wasn't too bad. but i really didn't enjoy Incurable.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I loved the tomorrow series, read it back in when I was in year 7. It's been almost 5 years and I might actually get it out and read the series again. If they made a movie out of it, they would have to skip unimportant scenes, which would probably spoil the movie.

Mongke

HSC
Riviet said:
I loved the tomorrow series, read it back in when I was in year 7. It's been almost 5 years and I might actually get it out and read the series again. If they made a movie out of it, they would have to skip unimportant scenes, which would probably spoil the movie.
i look forward to that actually :eek: i found it really well written, just far too long. after a while it becomes like Harry Potter, all you want to know is what happens next. which strangely enuf i dont know. how does it end? im assuming its all quiet on the southern front?

sassy_gal

HSC
I loved the series as well, read the first one for school in year 8 and then got addicted and read them all, lol. I thought that the ellie chronicles were pretty good,but still not as good as the original series, but i think a movie would definately kill the series (for me anyway). i just don;t think they'd be able to capture what Marsden does in the books..... some things are just better to be left to the imagination.

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
You would have to cut out too much to make them into movies and its those little things that they tend to cut out that make the stories.

felixcthecat

HSC
as a few ppl has already said.. umm.. there's like 6 books in the TOmorrow series? so i can't realli figure out how they could make a movie.. and 6 movies would be wayyy out of it, while a mini-series.. not sure how that works =.= i think the books are good as they are~ not realli the story required for a movie that catches attention..

Gangels

HSC
I loved those books. The ending was so unexpected. I thought they'd blow everything up and save the world, i set myself up to be disappointed, but i loved it. Every book was different. I think a movie would ruin it.

sospecha

in the middle of nowhere; a hole - seriously
HSC
NRuus said:
That is a good point. Not once during the books is the nationality of the invaders specified. I always pictured them as Asian I don't know why but i did but it would be interesting to see what nationality they would portray them as if they made a movie or miniseries or such.
thats weird that you pictured them as asian...because i always assumed the bad guys were german! i'd love to see a movie on the series and i don't think it would detract from the books at all...everyone's always worried about that and then the movie comes out and all this fear is forgotten.

theoneme

HSC
N/A
they are wonderful! :)

first time i read them was 7-8 years ago but i still find them very good. don't know about a movie though. first of all i think that a tv serie would be better. there are so many things that are left out in a movie and well there are seven books so for it to be really good it would have to be so long.

having said that, i don't know if i want to spoil the way i've imagined it. i guess you wouldn't have to go and see the movie.......but anyway they have really made an impression on me.

as for the nationality of the bad guys, i have actually never seen them as asians?! i guess it makes sense but i've always thought of them as europeans. although not german as someone mentioned, but from a poorer country. i really don't know why, guess asia makes more sense but i doubt i will change they way i'm thinking next time i read them.

Last edited:

bleu

HSC
Marsden actually says, in the Ellie Chronicles at least, how the invaders are a different colour to her and not white. I'd always pictured them as asian/indonesian throughout. I'm not sure why, maybe there were hints that i now can't remember and it just seemed logical..???

Personally, i don't want a movie of it to come out, simply because it would be different to my imagination. My version is what i'm attached to, not someone else's.

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
I think that it all depends on how well the movie is made and things like that.

I have to say Sarah everytime I watch that trailer I get shivers up my spine. Excellent work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)