Tony Blair's reign has come to an end (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If Heralds new review is anything to go by, prior to the invasion of Iraq, he wasn't a bad Prime Minister. Kinda sad to see him go in a way, but in another more accurate way, it's excellent news.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Yeh. I'm not all into British politics myself but I do feel that he was quite alright concerning domestic policies.

He tried to move his Labour Party a bit more to the centre and tried to make it "the new" Labour Party. He's also the longest-serving PM from the Labour Party.

He'll stand down on 27th June.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21708894-2,00.html

Last edited:

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Musk said:
its LABOR not labour
Australian LABOR is spelt the American way, whilst the British LABOUR Party spells it the way it should be..

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Sad to see such a fine global statesman and great leader going too soon. On the otherhand, the Conservative Party is likely to win the next election. It will be great since they are generally tougher than Labour on important issues such as terrorism, crime and immigration. With Germany already ruled by right wing Christian Democrats and France with a right wing president; all of them tough on immigration and terrorism, Europe is on the right track once again :D Good news for the free world

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I really didn't mind Blair. He wasn't nearly as bad as what the media made him out to be.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I'll be a little sad to see him go. I've always been quite fond of the chap.

ZabZu

HSC
It seemed during his first few years he did great things for the UK. He got the balance right between a strong economy and a decent social safety net. But his relationship with Bush and his strong support for the war in Iraq has tainted the positives of his leadership.

I wonder what he's gona do now. He's only 54.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
he might quit politics and enjoy life!

too bad our labour party leader is dud, if he was like tony blair then the liberal party would at least have some competition

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
tony blair is actually quite a remarkable politician. if he sets his mind to get something done, he gets it done.

it is no coincidence that the invasion on iraq is the main negative point of the leaders in every contributing country, us, uk and aust. now that blair's forced resignation has been caused by this, maybe johnny howard can look at it and say 'hey, holy shit, maybe i should learn the lesson and pull out.'

but what are the chances of that.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
One thing I always appreciated was Blair's ability to make a speech as opposed to some soundbite-ridden piece of rubbish. yesss...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)