too late? (1 Viewer)

delorean

HSC
just a question to some of you more experienced members.

im doing okay in 5 of my units. but my other 7 im not doing so well in and ive screwed up two rounds of assessments now, probably 40% of the assessment mark overall.

when i say screw up i mean <50% for them.

is it now impossible for me to change my ways and get over 90 uai?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not an "experienced" member in regards to year 12 and all but the best thing to do is nail down, study hard and ace each assessment coming up. BY ace I mean well over 90% and try to always rank first from now on.

Also lock down your computer, stop your self from using the computer (use only for an assessment) and dont turn your computer on for fun until the end of the HSC.

Good Luck!

shoutoutloud

HSC
I'm not an "experienced" member in regards to year 12 and all but the best thing to do is nail down, study hard and ace each assessment coming up. BY ace I mean well over 90% and try to always rank first from now on.

Also lock down your computer, stop your self from using the computer (use only for an assessment) and dont turn your computer on for fun until the end of the HSC.

Good Luck!

I disagree with iRuler. Being that your in year 11. you wont understand all aspects to the HSC. I dont thing the OP needs to lock down his computer but he needs to WORK hard in order to achieve his goal. OP, try talking to the teachers etc. Being it only half yearlies. I would say that you have time to pick yourself up. A teacher told me once that a student of his was working at a band one level right upto the half yearlies and he ented up getting a 5 in ancient history.

So. The story is, its never to late.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yea, it's never too late until the end of trial.

I never thought of beating my friend who was like 10 marks ahead of me. But I beat him in trial so I got the first place (for my accelerated course).

Make a consistent study routine and try your best. Best of luck to you man .

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I disagree with iRuler. Being that your in year 11. you wont understand all aspects to the HSC. I dont thing the OP needs to lock down his computer but he needs to WORK hard in order to achieve his goal. OP, try talking to the teachers etc. Being it only half yearlies. I would say that you have time to pick yourself up. A teacher told me once that a student of his was working at a band one level right upto the half yearlies and he ented up getting a 5 in ancient history.

So. The story is, its never to late.
lol the thing about locking down the computer was so you dont get distracted from your studies. From my past experience, if I reach home and start study straight away it's easier to start. But if I say i'll just have 30 minutes on the computer and then start study at lets say 5:30pm, it usually ends up being 7:00pm. Nothing more then a personal past experience.

But yea.. its not too late.. just study hard and try your best

Good Luck! :wave:

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
It's never too late. Again, my experience, ranked 11/13 after half yrly, then 3/13 after trial in eng adv. Just gotta speed up, prehaps look for a tutor if possible. Read syllabus, make notes, ask teachers...etc.etc.. or ask for the top ranked people's paper.

Secondly, don't have that attitude I had. Why do you want 90 UAI? What course do you want to do? If you want it because it will add to your dignity and not because it will assist in your career, then you will be placing worthless stress on yourself.

delorean

HSC
maybe i should elaborate.

i think i can change my ways and whatnot, im just fearful too much damage has already been done with the poor marks and that unless i get perfect band 6s or something from here on then i cant get over 90.

its.. more of a statistical thing.

thanks for the replies so far.

beve

Jesus
HSC
maybe i should elaborate.

i think i can change my ways and whatnot, im just fearful too much damage has already been done with the poor marks and that unless i get perfect band 6s or something from here on then i cant get over 90.

its.. more of a statistical thing.

thanks for the replies so far.
Well, there's no good coming on here and saying "is it too late to change my ways?"; you just have to do it.

So good luck with it.

flowergrl

HSC
just a question to some of you more experienced members.

im doing okay in 5 of my units. but my other 7 im not doing so well in and ive screwed up two rounds of assessments now, probably 40% of the assessment mark overall.

when i say screw up i mean <50% for them.

is it now impossible for me to change my ways and get over 90 uai?
The student who got last in our grade got 90.05 and she got 60s. But as long as ur rank's alright (i.e. ur not in the bottom 20) and if ur school's got a ranking in the top 100, then you'll be right.

LordPc

HSC
if you study hard for the 60% of assessments left to complete, and you do well in them, theoretically you should jump a bunch of ranks to a fairly decent level which would give you a good chance of getting 90+ UAI

but you have to do well in the assessments from here on out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)