• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

tools of communication? (1 Viewer)

miss piggy

I'm doing an assignment for 2 unit media studies and we have to talk about tools of communication. Can any tell me what these are or give me a helpful website?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
tools of communication?!
hmm that's extremely general!

could be television, radio, newspaper, internet, magazines.....

the 2 unit media topic is really not a textbook subject, there isn't a specific site on the internet which would deal with it
it is your own research into a particular area of the media, recent events, for me it was when the governor general with the sex aligations and all back last year

this year, you can choose something else, best if it is australian and recent!

the media part is really to show how the media can be bias and can lean towards controversial subjects......relate it back to religion

santaslayer

HSC
yea 2U is really vauge sometimes......

but tools of communication would be classified to 2 ares:

1. print, and
2. non print.....

(if u were specifically talking about media's communication)

print:......newspaper, pamphlets,billboards, posters......blah blah
non print: word of mouth, radio, tv, ......
hand gestures maybe?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Check out the recent findings out of UWS and the depiction of Islam in the media (came out yesterday/today??)
Prof John ? (Mangen?)

Edit much later...
heres a site on the above
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/National/story_55318.asp
Its Peter Manning and hes from UTS (I really should listen carefully to the radio...........)

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
tools of communication isnt it the syllabus so I would clarify this with your teacher as it sounds like something they have made up..
-----------------
Content

Students learn about:

religion and its use of print and electronic media to propagate a point of view:

______ how religious views are/can be communicated, eg documentary; talkback; dedicated newspapers, brochures and journals; regular column; editorial

______ how religious media are used as vehicles for/of religious conversion

the print and electronic media treatment of religious traditions, issues and personalities

______ the concepts of neutrality, bias and objectivity/subjectivity
______ dimensions of traditions/issues/personalities which make these worthy of media interest, for example:
-_______ extraordinariness
-_______ controversy
-_______ counter to prevailing broader culture
______ media presentation of religious personalities, traditions and issues and whether such coverage is accurate and representative, for example:
-_______ treatment of religious personalities, with reference to the ratio of male/female coverage
-_______ treatment of religious traditions, with reference to the coverage of traditions other than Christianity
-_______ treatment of religious issues, with reference to the ratio of explicitly ethical as opposed to non-ethical issues
______ the media as a vehicle for promoting religious understanding and tolerance, eg coverage of national/international religious festivals, feasts and events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)