• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Top 10 Ways to Ruin a Classical Music Concert...lol! (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
http://classicalmusic.about.com/od/classicalmusictips/tp/ruinaconcert.htm

lol! What have some of your experiences been? Mine was at a Meet the Music concert, and someone proceeded to talk to their partner through about 15 minutes' worth of music, and were discussing some text messages on one of their phones. It was mf/mp too, which was a bugger because p= shut up unless you want to be embarrassed, f=you can't hear them over the music, but mf/mp where you can hear them but you can't hear the music! :mad1:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I went to see Gustav Holst "The Planets" at the Opera House last friday (9th June).

Between each movement, everyone who had been holding in a cough would cough and die. It seems average, but that night, goddamn. This beautiful music and then a whole crowd just dying in coughs. It was flemmy and disgusting. I might sound like a snob but it was absolutely crazy!

The whole aural experience was weird.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Ahh, one time I went to hear the SSO, the guy next to me fell asleep and he started rolling his head to the side, (asleep of course) and leaning over. I thought he was going to fall asleep on my shoulder, so I shuffled a little over to my right, luckily it was my sister - so it was excusable lol xD then his head came down a little more, and he started making these really really weird snoring noises. I'm not sure if it was nose congestion or just plain snoring lol xD it was pretty annoying!

HSC
I went to see a Rachmaninov Piano Concerto and a Brahms Symphony at the Conservatorium a few months back, and the old man next to be constantly sniffed. I kept glaring at him, but he either ignored be or didn't notice :chainsaw:

csuwai

BOS Member
HSC
i think he didnt c u.. dont u sit in the dark while u listen..

thats prob. y

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)