Top 120 Schools 2003 (1 Viewer)

Kiya

wow trinity at 102....that schools in my town HAHA i knew we wouldnt make it.....typical sydney schools up the top.

MaNgO pAnCaKeS

I like SMH rankings of the schools...coz Oakhill College dun look as crap in comparison to the Daily Telegraph.
But then again...the telegraph might be speaking the truth about our school...nah I just kiddin'
I love mai UAI of 97.05...and I know I wouldn't of got it if I stayed @ MFHS.

spice girl

magic mirror
hmm...okay so our year was the worst in a while:
2001: 9 uai100's
2002: 3 uai100's
2003: 7 uai100's

hmm....
and yes phenol, there are some smart cookies in jr, but quite rare (i would consider an average of about 3-4 a year..?) and sometimes u can't really tell cos sometimes those smart ppl study a lot anyway...

and dun knock grammar, u gotta consider that only some of the students are 'smart' (i.e. the ones who got scholarships). they get quite a lot of ppl into olympiads too...

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hmph. I cant believe that people think Sydney High do bad. :|

Take the next in the list. The guy who topped Malek Fahd got like 99.35. We have a near 100 (pigs), 2 99.90's, 3 99.85's and 40 above the 99. On average, and im talking for like 30 years in a row, 24 people get over 99. That means that when Sydney Boys used to come top 5 in the state, we only got 24-25 over the 99 mark. Now you tell me, we have 40, thats right FORTY people over 99. Dont you think thats good?

pfffffft, 14th my arse. Whatver people may think, I think our school did wonderfully this year. hmph

And as for the Grammar argument. I agree, Grammar is a good school. Its an awesome school, in fact. I mean, it has WWAAAYYYY better teachers than our school. You look at our english department, no teacher that actually teaches. Maths department only has 2 teachers who actually teach. Our social science department rocks, but 3 of them are retiring/moving away this year. Science, lets not talk about it. :) hehe, trust me, teachers make a HUGE difference. I had a good maths teacher last year, and I know exactly what a big difference it makes. So yeah, Grammar is good cause it has good teachers (students pay like $13000 a year, so they can afford the best teachers). Im not saying there is no 'talent' or smart people there, but teachers also play a role. For a public school, SBHS does very well.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Nupil
Strathfield had nothing on us this year!
The suburb does.

We topped Extension 2 mathematics, equal second in Extension 1 and got 8th in Mathematics.

Both of us live within about 200m of each other.

kow_dude

HSC
why is there a (hahahahaha) next to Homebush Boys High.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by GuardiaN
hmph. I cant believe that people think Sydney High do bad. :|

Take the next in the list. The guy who topped Malek Fahd got like 99.35. We have a near 100 (pigs), 2 99.90's, 3 99.85's and 40 above the 99. On average, and im talking for like 30 years in a row, 24 people get over 99. That means that when Sydney Boys used to come top 5 in the state, we only got 24-25 over the 99 mark. Now you tell me, we have 40, thats right FORTY people over 99. Dont you think thats good?

pfffffft, 14th my arse. Whatver people may think, I think our school did wonderfully this year. hmph

And as for the Grammar argument. I agree, Grammar is a good school. Its an awesome school, in fact. I mean, it has WWAAAYYYY better teachers than our school. You look at our english department, no teacher that actually teaches. Maths department only has 2 teachers who actually teach. Our social science department rocks, but 3 of them are retiring/moving away this year. Science, lets not talk about it. :) hehe, trust me, teachers make a HUGE difference. I had a good maths teacher last year, and I know exactly what a big difference it makes. So yeah, Grammar is good cause it has good teachers (students pay like $13000 a year, so they can afford the best teachers). Im not saying there is no 'talent' or smart people there, but teachers also play a role. For a public school, SBHS does very well.

we got more than 2 99.90...

as for the english department... they have no ambition; set no high standards... last year's 16 band 6 out of 180+ was a good year... they went over the moon with the 24 band 6 this year.... its as if they dun expect much from us... after all we "all got in on the maths marks" ...(sifnt the same for most of the other selective schools)

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
we got more than 2 99.90...

as for the english department... they have no ambition; set no high standards... last year's 16 band 6 out of 180+ was a good year... they went over the moon with the 24 band 6 this year.... its as if they dun expect much from us... after all we "all got in on the maths marks" ...(sifnt the same for most of the other selective schools)
yeah i've notice sydney boys going down because of their english-but how unambitious can your english department be?
despite this, you have a good number of high 99s which is quite admirable

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Despite an unambitious English department, it's not impossible to be getting 99's. As long as their other departments are all in working order (I.e. kicking ass).

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
lol... it dos make it considerably harder witht he new hsc

bong

HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
but how unambitious can your english department be?
well, my eng ext 1 teacher(s) prolly missed more classes than they held...

and i've had 3 diff teachers for both eng adv and eng ext 1 over yr11/12...

who in my yr11 eng adv class remembers this quote? "there's an epiphany in there somewhere boys... take note of it" -_-

Last edited:

vanity

HSC
this is weird.. according to daily telegraph cheltenham girls is 56th then on sydney morning herald we're 23rd??

who cares though.. we owned epping boys (again) in both :p hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)