Top 200 ranked Universities in the world (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
melbournian said:
Think you need a reality check.

I know of one person at college who comes from out west (Penrith).
That's what I said. Most of the people in the colleges come from Penrith and beyond. You reading skills are obviously as inadequate as your social skills.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Don't bother. It does make me wonder though, what does the university think of students who embarrass it? Back in high school, there were a lot of rules about what a student could and couldn't say as a representative of that school, and I bet that USYD has a similar rule in place.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Melbournian's bullshit is embarrassing not only to himself, but also to other University of Sydney students. I apologise on the behalf of the students of the University of Sydney for Melbournian's disgraceful behaviour, and I can only hope that you do not take his attitude as the status quo at the University of Sydney. We're nice people, really.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm guessing there'd be people like this at every uni.. probably people at uws bag out people who go to tafe etc etc... it's cool, but this guy's a dick.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I know a number of my former classmates who left USYD to go to TAFE, because they thought it would be better for them. There is nothing wrong with TAFE - they have smartcard student cards, and we have laminated pieces of paper.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Fact is that there are people like this at the University of Sydney. They're a minority, but they're there. There's an excellent reason why most of the colleges have a bad reputation on campus (possibly with the sole exception of the Women's College), and it is because of people like Melbournian.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
does usyd kinda promote elitism as a part of their marketing tho? that could be why they seem to get a higher percentage of these people than other uni's.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't think so, i don't think usyd turns people into snobs... i just think it attracts more snobs due to some of the elitism in their marketing.. or at least their word of mouth marketing....

ur the marketing person.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yes, and so do USYD students. That's why college students aren't very popular on campus, because they keep trying to tell the rest of us we're not as good as them. Melbourian and his buddies will insult you for not going to USYD, but then he'll insult USYD students for not being "good enough to live at the colleges".

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm relatively new to this web forum (I only came here to get feedback on a high school tuition program we're running next year). But this guy has said some disgusting things which are insulting to many people, and certainly embarrassing for the University of Sydney and its students.

Mate, you can't defend an asshole like Melbournian. I'd like to see anybody try.

saves.the.day

HSC
natstar said:
Nah seriously. I used to think Melbournian just put on this stupid attitude of his to entertain ppl, but now i think this is really himself. It started off as funny, and now its blatently insulting, not just to me but to others.
I thought the same thing too when I began reading this thread. I initially thought Melbournian's comments were in jest but his behaviour now embarrases and angers me. I seldom reply to these boards, but after reading this discussion through I am apalled at how pretentious people like melbournian are.

Natstar, Phanatical, evil99 and others, thankyou for your open minds. It's great to know not all people are as narcissistic as Melbournian.

Finally, to Melbournian. I could not agree more with the text in your display picture. How fitting. To curcumscribe and degrade other universities that you have never studied at just goes to show how tiny that mind of your is. To resort to personal attacks on a person because of where they're from or what university they go to just shows how mature you are. I've been at uni for this year only and am glad I have not yet met anyone with your attitude or personality. Your attitude sickens me. Maybe you might want to read back on some of your posts and realise how rude, ignorant, narcissistic and pretentious they are (among other things). If you can't see whats wrong with saying unprovoked comments like
melbournian said:
santaslayer, I had a tutor last year who got fired from been a tutor at Usyd because she was so crap and she lectures at UOW. HAHAHAHA
So I really think you should stop pretending UOW is that good (that said its still a hell of a lot better than UWS)
then I really feel sorry for you. Good luck to you. Somehow I think Natstar doesn't need any though.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
saves.the.day said:
I could not agree more with the text in your display picture.
If I am not mistaken, it is a picture of Keypad :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright I think this thread has run its course - and in the interests of everyone's sanity, I'm closing this thread.

It's blatantly obvious that melbournian is trying to cover his insecurities by bashing other uni's. Yes USyd may be a more prestigious uni than UWS, but it doesnt mean UWS is "shit", melbournian's attitude is disgusting and pig-headed, and I suggest you all just ignore the "foreigner" :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hi everyone.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond to your complaints in time. I have been trying to get into the study spirit and had restrained myself from BoS to get some work done. I did receive your PMs and bad post reports, but it was only after Minai closed the thread that I actually read my email.

That said, I will probably be absent for the next two weeks (exams and all) but I do get an email for bad post reports and private messages, and my client updates my email every five minutes. I usually check far more frequently than I did today and hopefully act more quickly too. If there are any further problems do not hesitate to report the threads as you did today and I will act on those as soon as I am free.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)