Top Schools of 2006 - Daily Telegraph (2 Viewers)

icedjulia

HSC
Is Reddam House the school that gave students iPods and shopping cards?

theworldisround

HSC
panicstation said:
The SMH ranking is completely stuffed. It just counts the number of subjects in which over 90 per cent has achieved. So, schools with big candidatures do better. I think they need to divide the number of students sitting the exam into the number of distinctions achieved.

Also, the English table and the maths table are different. In English all students are listed in the first column. In maths, only students who achieved over 90 per cent are listed.

What is the matter with journalists? Maybe they never did any maths or stats at school.
Not really. It did say on the bottom of the herald list that they did take school size into account.

ichiraku

HSC
Woot congrats Fort Street!

So close to cracking into top 10

panicstation

HSC
theworldisround said:
Not really. It did say on the bottom of the herald list that they did take school size into account.

It SAID that but it didn't, as you will see from their apology this morning. Hopeless. Newspapers are lame.

meowmaine

HSC
icedjulia said:
Is Reddam House the school that gave students iPods and shopping cards?
yep. the new shuffles are entirely lame too. but it obviously worked though :p :p :p

lol.

veesbanh

HSC
they really apologised? wow... damn... i knew i shoulda bought daily telegraph along with the SMH... can any post the link for the info on this apology? or was it just on TV or something? I'm not very updated...:confused:

jazzmuzik

HSC
dagwoman said:
I find that really offensive. I went to a private school, but my UAI was not "bought". I worked my ass off, and that's what my UAI reflects.
Sorry, dagwoman didnt mean to offend I too go to a private school and i agree with you... the UAI isnt about the cost of the school at all, its the hard work of the individual. Unfortunately others dont see it that way and think that the more money you pay for schooling guarantees you a higher mark.
If you work hard you deserve the mark you get.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
From 140s last year into somewhere 300s i think... what a bad year for my school...:(

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
The list looks the same every year .. nothing surprising.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
whoa... Girra fell a bit below par.

oh well :p I'm happy with my mark and that's all that matters haha

P

pLuvia

wm_abusef said:
whoa... Girra fell a bit below par.

oh well :p I'm happy with my mark and that's all that matters haha
What did you get? And well done on your state ranking !

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
w00t
this yr our school has returned to their former glory and beaten everyone else in our area :D:D:D
only one other school from here made it on the list :)
ooo, so happy :D

go the class of '06 and dont expect a repeat form our year :D
we are far too lazy :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I read somewhere that at Ruse they run continual statistical information on their students and measure them up to a statewide standard which allows them predict long beforehand what HSC marks/UAI the students will get and where they are at compared to the state hence they know how much they have to improve by come HSC time. Quite an effective mechanism in my opinion, Quinlan must be a statistics freak...lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)