Top Schools of 2006 (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
for top spot, it will be Ruse and it will be a ruse.

don't worry lottox even if your school's ranking drop your uai looks quite rosy from where i'm standing

Carlingford high as a comprehensive school is quite decent

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I hardly care and I am in no position to comment being not from Sydney and having only heard of these schools last year and have no idea of what these schools look like let alone the caliber of students.

That and I know my school won't make the list so I don't really care it is by no measure a means that will effect my outlook just the schools although some would say that is debatable.

billy_slater

HSC
bobness said:
ruse for the 10th year as powerhouse

my predictions

14) anything below top 10 is not worth discussing nah i just have no idea so i'll leave it to others haha

edit: shinigami - no haha, we live in an egalitarian society where everyone would like to be equal. mere mortals ;)
wow... aren't you the arrogant prick.

Hurlstone for the win.

milton

HSC
actually 2006 will be the 11th consecutive yr in which ruse will top the state (we started in 1996). i doubt ruse will lose its position in the foreseeable future since its very difficult to stop the ball once it's moving

great hsc results --> great reputation --> most popular high school choice --> all the smart ppl get in --> 6yrs later, great hsc results

the self-perpetuating cycle of why ruse has topped the state in the last decade

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
billy_slater said:
wow... aren't you the arrogant prick.

Hurlstone for the win.
it was a joke mate. notice i mentioned egalitarian, ruse people are no 'smarter' than say hurlstone people, the uai basically means jack sh*t, especially once you leave uni/tertiary studies.

thanks for the insight though, it made my day.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
imho.. ruse ...
but then only the principal was worried about ranks..

just do ure best and be happy..take pride in school but then this then gets repeated everytime there is university rankings too lolz.. so just dun let it get out of hand

webby234

HSC
N/A
James Ruse 1st, after that anyone's guess. Sydney Boys and SCEGGS Darlinghurst were the big movers last year, up from 12th and 18th to 9th and 10th respectively, so it will be interesting to see whether they can maintain or even improve on that.

Hopefully my school (Manly) will crack the top 20 - we were 21st two years ago, but last year wasn't so good (27th). But the general trend has been upwards - six years ago we weren't even in the top 100 - there was an inquiry into why we were doing so badly, but we got a new principal (who left last year to go to North Sydney Girls). So yeah - I reckon we're a top 20 chance.

dagwoman said:
Who was number 1 before Ruse?
Not sure - I would also like to know.

webby234

HSC
N/A
velox said:
manly was good in the old days. Who is the principal now? Is is still the female one (i forget her name)?
Nah - she went to North Sydney Girls. We now have David Tomlin - he's only been there for a year but he seems good.

nahian

HSC
Macquarie Fields High School will be in top 5 this year

shimmy&shine

HSC
totally!

(sorry for the sarcastic tone!)

nah, but really, you guys have really good teachers. at the Society & cUlture Day, two teachers from your school gave a talk, and i was like they're pretty good. Teachers that teach at selective school, aren't neccessarily good, but in saying that I think my teachers are pretty good.

nahian

HSC
lol you went to that study day?
Yeh, shes my teacher for sac shes bloody awesome
Our school has potential..but like most schools...alot of students do have the potential but don't perform

liv88

HSC
Hmm. About Darlinghurst, all we have heard all year is that 2005 girls were amazing because even the not so smart ones worked their arses off whereas the staff are concerned about 2006's 'chillaxed' approach. So considering we have taken the fingers crossed approach to the HSC (for the most part anyway) i don't expect SCEGGS to do quite so well this year..

liv88

HSC
webby234 said:
James Ruse 1st, after that anyone's guess. Sydney Boys and SCEGGS Darlinghurst were the big movers last year, up from 12th and 18th to 9th and 10th respectively, so it will be interesting to see whether they can maintain or even improve on that.

Hopefully my school (Manly) will crack the top 20 - we were 21st two years ago, but last year wasn't so good (27th). But the general trend has been upwards - six years ago we weren't even in the top 100 - there was an inquiry into why we were doing so badly, but we got a new principal (who left last year to go to North Sydney Girls). So yeah - I reckon we're a top 20 chance.

Not sure - I would also like to know.
Hmm. About Darlinghurst, all we have heard all year is that 2005 girls were amazing because even the not so smart ones worked their arses off whereas the staff are concerned about 2006's 'chillaxed' approach. So considering we have taken the fingers crossed approach to the HSC (for the most part anyway) i don't expect SCEGGS to do quite so well this year..

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I reckon this year SHS has got a strong Science and Mathematics cohort but once again a shocking English cohort. So I think we'll have a roughly similar rank to last year, (18th in Maths and 28th overall) unless of course the UAI estimates we had were actually (and hopefully) accurate (20+ ppl over 99...WTF?)...in which case: top 20 here we come!!....lol

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
How do you know the rankings for each subject in your school?

..so whose first in maths?

haque

HSC
Who are u sparcod(as in from tech?) And btw the maths ranks they told us in assembly as well as according to one of my friends whose dad lectures at UNSW that at maths Tech is apparently ranked higher than sydney boys when compared over the last 4 years(so our rank must have been quite good-however at english we're worse even than sydney boys). this year better go good cos last year was absolutely shocking(few great achievers, the rest hopeless).

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Ok. I thought that James Ruse was the better school at maths. Which school is the best at English- rather curious but I'd say it's gotta be 1) girls 2) selective.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)