• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
veterandoggy said:
although due to his constant drags on parra road his holden did used to eat, drink and shit petrol.
I think Commo and Falcons eat, drink and shit petrol in general.. especially if you EVER rev it over 2k rpm.. =.=

But at least you don't have to fill it up on premium =S

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
CieL said:
I think Commo and Falcons eat, drink and shit petrol in general.. especially if you EVER rev it over 2k rpm.. =.=

But at least you don't have to fill it up on premium =S
yeh, 3.8 litres doesnt sound "economical" when it is put near, say a 1.6 litre.

premium petrol doesnt improve performance, despite what people think. ifyou put unleaded in a PULP car, then you will get engine knocking and slight reduction in performance. of course there will be SOME improvement in putting premium, but it is so small you wont notice.

CieL

HSC
veterandoggy said:

premium petrol doesnt improve performance, despite what people think. ifyou put unleaded in a PULP car, then you will get engine knocking and slight reduction in performance. of course there will be SOME improvement in putting premium, but it is so small you wont notice.
I can't believe it.. I filled up the 4.0L falcon today.. cost me just under $60 for practically a full tank.. for my 2.4LPULP Euro I have to fill up ~$75 for same thing.. and the falcon's tank is bigger =.= gay. And they do pretty much the same no. of kms... that is, if I don't thrash it....

I don't think it's wise to put unleaded in a PULP car.. I think it's due to the purity of the fuel and the combustion within the engine.. something about it taking longer to burn because there's less crap in the fuel.. so the engine has a different design for taking in the fuel.. (I think)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:

I thought premium burns better (like Ciel said) and that means there will be performance improvement since you need less fuel or something to do the same number of km (assuming the engine can make use of it?)... I know in cars like Astra, if you put in premium petrol, you get like.. a bonus kW or two of power >__> (it says so in the spec sheet)

*shrugs*
What premium does the Accord Euro use? I remember my cousins were putting 91 Octane in the 330Ci!...

yal14h

HSC
Me driving- 160 on the M2 in a shitbox Exa
Me riding shotgun- 170 on the M2 in a stocko Civic.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
CieL said:
I can't believe it.. I filled up the 4.0L falcon today.. cost me just under $60 for practically a full tank.. for my 2.4LPULP Euro I have to fill up ~$75 for same thing.. and the falcon's tank is bigger =.= gay. And they do pretty much the same no. of kms... that is, if I don't thrash it....

I don't think it's wise to put unleaded in a PULP car.. I think it's due to the purity of the fuel and the combustion within the engine.. something about it taking longer to burn because there's less crap in the fuel.. so the engine has a different design for taking in the fuel.. (I think)
if a car says use PULP it's because the engine has been designed to use high octaine rating fuel. not because of burning or anything.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
yal14h said:
Me driving- 160 on the M2 in a shitbox Exa
Me riding shotgun- 170 on the M2 in a stocko Civic.
I totally forgot about that expression "shotgun" since high school days!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
highshool was only last year u know, i dont think we start calling it highschool days yet

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
if you put in premium petrol, you get like.. a bonus kW or two of power >__> (it says so in the spec sheet)

*shrugs*
What premium does the Accord Euro use? I remember my cousins were putting 91 Octane in the 330Ci!...
Yeah well.. on the spec sheets they usually use PULP so the figures look better even if the car is just usually unleaded intake..

My car uses 95+

Nietzsche

HSC
EATAPIE said:
Oi brah, maddaz, mah top speed was in my fully sick dub yar ex (WRX), going down the high way at 497 kmh. Brah, I was like, yallah!! Maddah it was totally siiiick. Especially wiv mah suboofah in dah boot, going DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF!!!! Yallah youze all gots to try dat some day. I darez youse !!!
YALLAH!

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Falcodores respond very nicely to an LPG conversion. Very cheap to run (pays for itself in about a year of driving). Very environmentally friendly. Very high octane rating, which in turn delays the point of detonation, allowing you to up the engine compression (for more power).

boon

HSC
just wondering are you talking kilometers per hour or miles per hour
coz if its kph that not to fast even i'v done 140

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
yes, well not all of us "race", so 160 and 140 is quite alot (plus 20 Km/h is a big difference at those speeds... could be the difference between taking a turn and taking a car ;) )

also i have seen no need to hit more than 160 anywhere. most people i race drop out at 120 km/h, but i pull it a little further to get away from them. the ones that will pull it past 120 are either in 4WDs and think they're something (but they pull out before 140), or they actually DO have something and end up making you drop out.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Just got my p's yesterday :)

To my suprise the camry has much less accelaration than I thought...=\

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha... it's funny how once you've driven a car a bit... the whole "wow this car can accelerate" seems to drop... I'm starting to feel my Civic is a bit sluggish :( ... and my cousins didn't make me feel better by telling me they are considering ordering the new Civic with Integra Type R halfcut installed >__>

the truth

HSC
fastest i been was 190km/ph in my frends VL turbo but its got some issues should go faster....
my other frend got a 3L NA supra he hits 200 in 4th before the speedlimiter kicks in... damn speed limiters

CieL

HSC
Aww man, I was watching the preview of an episode of Amazing Race just before.. and they were in a benz going so fast it was defying gravity! Was running along a vertical wall!!

I'd love to try that under supervised conditions one day.. *adds to to-do list* X]

Speaking of which.. I've never seen a 4wd gun it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)