• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

alexxxz

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Although yeah AWD is alot better in the wet.... sounds like you have a false sense of security, I find it hard to believe there is no difference! You can still hit corners at speed?
you wont believe it till you drive one, i love the fact that i am in one of the safest cars on the road... its no false sense its saved me a couple times now.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
110 m5 whilst on my Ls lmao:)

the funny thing is mum told me to do it.. i was like woah nice!
aparently she forgot that the limit is 70 hehehe

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The limit is 80 for L-Platers.....

My top speed was 120km/h on L's, current top speed on P's is now 160km/h
my bad

i try not to speed on my p's coz i wont be able to go to uni or work

i gonna go for my green p's after exams wooo

yy

HSC
N/A
my top speed was 130 km/h on my Ls on hte F3. Never gone past 120 after i got my Ps however

CieL

HSC
spank_meh said:
110 m5 whilst on my Ls lmao:)

the funny thing is mum told me to do it.. i was like woah nice!
aparently she forgot that the limit is 70 hehehe
Well if you got done for it, that's a third of your mum's licence gone and a fine which is near $600

Anyways, remember not to speed these weekends + monday guys, double demerits!

Oh btw, the fines got heftier since July 1st
I remember the 15km and under fine being $175, now it's $225 =.=

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought they said that the fines were meant to get lower but demerit points higher to show it wasn't being used as a revenue raiser?!

... also Ciel, just wanted to ask, does the licensed driver (when driving with an L plater) cop the penalty? I didn't know that...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
CieL said:
Well if you got done for it, that's a third of your mum's licence gone and a fine which is near $600

Anyways, remember not to speed these weekends + monday guys, double demerits!

Oh btw, the fines got heftier since July 1st
I remember the 15km and under fine being $175, now it's $225 =.=
um no, its now 75 bucks. but 3 demerit pointz

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
seremify007 said:
I thought they said that the fines were meant to get lower but demerit points higher to show it wasn't being used as a revenue raiser?!

... also Ciel, just wanted to ask, does the licensed driver (when driving with an L plater) cop the penalty? I didn't know that...
well, technically the reason you are meant to be driving with someone on your L's is so that they can teach you. if you are going 110 in a 70 zone i doubt the passenger is doing a good job...

did 120 in an 80 zone, then i was like "hmmm, today is double demerit points eh? better slow down >.> "

Jiga

Yeah the full license holder gets the fine cos their your instructor. As for the L-Plater going out of control... well Id imagine theyd still have to pay the fine because it theirs responsibility to ensure the safety of other road users. If the kid has ADHD or something they might be able to get off though....

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
What if the L plater goes out of control and the instructing driver can't stop them?
BWAHAHAH reminds me of my friend driving for the first time.... omg some people can be so stupid...

She was going alright... then she had to turn... but she didnt know how to use the fkn brake so she ended up crashing down a pole and into a neighbour's fence lol and the instructing driver (her mum) didnt realise she could use the stupid handbrake either =.=

So yeah it happens, but someone's gotta be responsible...

G.I.Joe

HSC
160 Foreshore Drive.... It was bout midnight and no one is ever on the road so its like a 2km pitch black dark stretch. When i hit 160 i didnt see the point of going any faster so i slowed to the speed limit of 90. :p

Mr Will

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Yeah the full license holder gets the fine cos their your instructor. As for the L-Plater going out of control... well Id imagine theyd still have to pay the fine because it theirs responsibility to ensure the safety of other road users. If the kid has ADHD or something they might be able to get off though....

thats incorrect. if youre driving the car, you get the fine. instructors are required to adhere to whichever BAC limits apply, and to be sitting in the front seat so as to maintain some, read SOME degree of control over what goes on, but at the end of the day the buck stops with the driver.

jackm

HSC
haha my datsun 1971 1200 ute does 80mph flat stick WHAT A BEASTIE!
im sure the motor has more in it (hectic 1.2 liter) but the ute has tallish dif ratio. im hopeing my 1600 will go a bit better! ( maybe even 100mph :O) haha
hopefully track days will stop me needing to do dumb shit on the street though.

been 180 in a mates sisters barina ahah racing a magna after being to wsid :p
same mate got done doin 140 in an 80 zone. cop put him against a wall and looked through his car while he asked my mate how fast he was goin. my mate told him 140, and how it was dumb etc. it was in bankstown and he had little australian flag stickers on his car. cop said should probly take those stickers off mate or ur doors will get kicked in round here, and let him go.

fastest ive been passenger prolly 180 in my grandmas 308 calais ( not her driving ) haha

Jiga

Just seems alittle weird...... a Learner doesnt have any demerit points so hows it work then? They just lose their license? What if they are only starting their learning and struggle control their speed and accidently go over the limit etc :confused:

mitch_f1

HSC
150km/h down the main straight of the Oran Park South Circuit....it's the only safe place to speed (the race track)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)