Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Then you didn't drift properly.
No it was a proper drift. I had to counter steer and everything. It was unintentional though right through the traffic light. Mind you this was an AWD.

But it was dangerous so I'm never doing that again on any public roads and will be more cautious of reducing a little bit more speed before trying to corner like that again.

whats your angular velocity? :L
It would be close to zero if it were a 10km radius :haha:

rachaelw3

HSC
100kph on the m4 on my L's.

i've been a passenger in an R34 GT-T that went 180kph into a turn at Royal National Park and i'm just gonna say, please don't ever do it, especially at night... another one of my friends wasn't so lucky and jacked up his S15 against the guard rail :l

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
A shade over 200km/h driving between Adelaide and Canberra, not something I'd do again in a hurry.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Isn't accidentally drifting just another way of saying your tyres lost grip and you unintentionally went sideways?
Yes.

But in drizzly weather I enjoy going through the roundabouts as if it were dry whether just for the fun of going sideways a bit (dw they are abandoned roumdabouts and I enter them slowly, but if the opportunity rises I'll exit hard, just enough for the tail to spin out).

Fun fact is my awd distributes 80% on the rear tyres in the first second, then equals out afterwards.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes.

But in drizzly weather I enjoy going through the roundabouts as if it were dry whether just for the fun of going sideways a bit (dw they are abandoned roumdabouts and I enter them slowly, but if the opportunity rises I'll exit hard, just enough for the tail to spin out).

Fun fact is my awd distributes 80% on the rear tyres in the first second, then equals out afterwards.
I don't know if I should encourage this behaviour on public roads still.... and if your tail is able to spin out on an AWD car, it worries me... are your tyres okay?

What AWD system do you have? Maybe I'm mistaken here but I thought most AWD systems keep it in the front and then transfer to the rear when needed.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know if I should encourage this behaviour on public roads still.... and if your tail is able to spin out on an AWD car, it worries me... are your tyres okay?

What AWD system do you have? Maybe I'm mistaken here but I thought most AWD systems keep it in the front and then transfer to the rear when needed.
Well the tyres are fine at the moment. Yeah I am planning to take it to a racetrack only. Its just that my driving style has changed quite a lot in the last few months (I brake before entering the turn and accelerate the whole way through) (got to fix it up now :( )

With the late 90's wagons, they for some reason were made like that. Had to do with using them off-road more often.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Actually no wait different sources are saying different things.

Some are saying its front some saying rear.

I will get back to this in a few days time.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
dude you should be able to tell just from driving it...

my first car was a VL commodore, I don't know how I managed not to die on several occasions.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not Subarus - they call it "symmetrical awd". (think some new ones have front bias though)

Then you've got lambos, r8s, GTRs etc. with a rear bias awd system of course.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not Subarus - they call it "symmetrical awd". (think some new ones have front bias though)

Back in late 90's I don't think they were symmetrical. I'll try and find a video on it or something (just not now probably will do it sometime this weekend).

And symmetrical is kinda advertised under the weight distribution thing too (ie left and right). I'm not too sure if it actually is rear and back (which makes sense why they might bias a few of the new ones but still advertise symmetrical).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I was thinking more in the context of likely vehicles this guy was using... but I also assumed the Subie symmetrical was just referring to weight balance or left/right or something... I know some performance models are probably rear biased, but given this guy's level of experience (likely new driver) I assume he's driving a more garden variety model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)