Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

toeknee

HSC
"define dangerous speeding and quantify your statement.
Also I think you'll find that a hell of alot of deaths are due to alcohol, inexperience, low skill levels, prevailing conditions, failure to pay attention, drowsiness and road engineering." - Loquasagacious. Page 22

i dont think 'dangerous speeding' is necessarily a definitive. its a subjective statement that is open to deferring interpretations. therefore there is no need to quantify anything because regardless of what speed Mike determines as dangerous, there will be various deferring opinions on it. not only that but you have to consider the very points that you yourself made: skill levels, prevailing conditions and also the individual roads themselves and their traffic levels. consequentially it wouldnt be appropriate to place a generic quantity on already, an apparently subjective statement. nor would it be viable to construct a crtieria and name all the different roads and appropriate speeds. thats why the RTA has speed limits, because theyve determined that as being a safe speed for each specific road. idiot. i think you just got burnt. stop trying to be smart because your statement is a reflection of cockiness and naivety. hey about you 'quantify' your statement and give me statistics on drowsiness, road engineering, failure to pay attention ecetera as being fundamental causes of crashes? i would concur with them however, for such a pedantic person with expectations that each statement has validity and credibility you yourself have provided none. ironic? nah just a reflection of an overconfident fool. as for iron maiden, congratulations. ever heard of the saying "it is better not to speak and be thought a fool then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"? well i think you just made a few classics, immature spastic. rebute me and youll prove me right once more because nothing you say on the subject at hand will have any remote intelligence associated with it. in conclusion speeding does kill, it may not be the ONLY cause of road fatalities but it IS still a major contributing factor. if the prevailing conditions and road qualities are POOR then speeding can only ever INCREASE the likelihood of one CRASHING. get it through your skulls yet? speeding kills, its as simple as that stop trying to be a smartarse. that said im not going to comply to every single speed limit enforced on the road, provided the situation is deemed viable. nor will i drive 150km through a 60km zone. this isnt a rebuttal at the topic at hand, just at a cocky statement Loquasagacious made.

Jiga

^

Lol what a crock of shit... you brag about supposedly hitting speeds in excess of 100km/h in residential areas and then try to make some of the statements you did.... you are aware of what irony is?

in conclusion speeding does kill, it may not be the ONLY cause of road fatalities but it IS still a major contributing factor
No, driving kills.

speeding kills, its as simple as that stop trying to be a smartarse. that said im not going to comply to every single speed limit enforced on the road, provided the situation is deemed viable. nor will i drive 150km through a 60km zone. this isnt a rebuttal at the topic at hand, just at a cocky statement Loquasagacious made.
I would say a smartarse is someone who has posted about being hardcore and going 110km/h yourself and friends going 170km/h in residential areas... and then trying to tell us all how dangerous speeding is. And you even say 'nor will i drive 150kmh through a 60km zone'. Now either your previous post contains lies, or your the biggest hypocrite in this world you idiot... I know blair athol and the max speed I know of is 70km/h their.... so doing 110km/h is just as bad as your statement in your second post... and the only real roads that have long enough stretches of straight road for those speeds are in piss poor condition, so once again, your fool of shit!

pottsy44

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I would say a smartarse is someone who has posted about being hardcore and going 110km/h yourself and friends going 170km/h in residential areas... and then trying to tell us all how dangerous speeding is. And you even say 'nor will i drive 150kmh through a 60km zone'. Now either your previous post contains lies, or your the biggest hypocrite in this world you idiot... I know blair athol and the max speed I know of is 70km/h their.... so doing 110km/h is just as bad as your statement in your second post... and the only real roads that have long enough stretches of straight road for those speeds are in piss poor condition, so once again, your fool of shit!
i thought all of blair athol was a 50km/h zone besides the road that leads out towards woodbine which is either 60 or 70km/h there. either way no matter what the speed limit is in blair athol is its stupid to speed in there as it is extremely windy and no real straight roads and there is numerous roundabouts all within short distances of each other.

Jiga

^

Yeah the only road thats 70km/h and long enough to reach 110km/h I think would be the one that goes from the roundabout just before St Gregs to Raby... its more like Claymore but I just assumed the poster said Blair Athol instead. And that road is a real shit hole, up their with Parra road and that road that goes through the Holsworthy Barracks, why they dont redo them I have no idea, nice wide lanes and straight roads that could have a limit of at least 70km/h are reduced to 60km/h due to the poor condition of the road.

pottsy44

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

Yeah the only road thats 70km/h and long enough to reach 110km/h I think would be the one that goes from the roundabout just before St Gregs to Raby... its more like Claymore but I just assumed the poster said Blair Athol instead. And that road is a real shit hole, up their with Parra road and that road that goes through the Holsworthy Barracks, why they dont redo them I have no idea, nice wide lanes and straight roads that could have a limit of at least 70km/h are reduced to 60km/h due to the poor condition of the road.
the road around that area that pisses me off the most is dakota between thunderbolt and st andrews road its a real shit, also st andrews road is pretty damn crap.

but to be honest there is a shitload of roadworks happening around the area and they are slowing fixing up all the shit roads.

colli-17

HSC
bizadfar said:
Landcruiser at 190, now that's nice!\

quote]

Yeah our one is a V8 wagon, we did it one night driving home form the national finals rodeo, then the limiter cuts in, but hey, if we put 35's on it could prob manage 220, lots of tyre noise and would scrape the shit out of the guards, but fuck, it would be good to watch lol....

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
update: 130km/hr merging F3 freeway, didn't realise...hmm
oops :(
I'm still on my Ls too...

bizadfar

HSC
colli-17 said:
bizadfar said:
Landcruiser at 190, now that's nice!\

quote]

Yeah our one is a V8 wagon, we did it one night driving home form the national finals rodeo, then the limiter cuts in, but hey, if we put 35's on it could prob manage 220, lots of tyre noise and would scrape the shit out of the guards, but fuck, it would be good to watch lol....
lol! so, the plan is to bypass the limiter with an wayyyyyoff speedo? hahha that will be a nice project and great to see a landcruiser at 220

New update i think i reached the max on my starlet. Roseville bridge again. This time from Forestville towards chatswood so we had the aid of a slight downhill!
reached 167-168km/h. It wouldnt budge afterwards and no buzz sound (so i guess its just really really weak around that point). I hit a slight uphill, while to the floor and speed was dropping quite rapdily.

Collin

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
update: 130km/hr merging F3 freeway, didn't realise...hmm
oops :(
I'm still on my Ls too...
So were you driving by yourself on your Ls? I mean, either that or the full-licenced 'mentor' next to you was an idiot for not realising (or an even bigger idiot for letting you go that fast!) lol!

Jiga

^

Lol I went 120km/h on my L's one time, I was overtaking some guy and was alittle to eager. My mum noticed, but I wasnt gonna step down!

I have an update to, 180km/h in my V6 Camry... did it relatively easy on a slight decline, could have gone further (I recon maybe 220km/h max... gauge goes to 240km/h but that means nothing)

Valeu

HSC
I discovered the 180km/h limiter in my Corolla on an undisclosed highway. At 180km/h it reaches the limiter in 4th, and I calculated that it could theoretically reach 210km/h at 7500 rpm in 5th. I think the drag co-efficient might have something to say about that though...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
assassin151 said:
2001 nissan 200sx on my l's i was goin 190km/h on roberts rd aka king georges road
Must've been at night 'coz that road is choc full of traffic everytime I'm there >_>

assassin151 said:
is commerce accounting good at ur uni ?

wat made u choose ur uni for commerce
How random. PM is there for a reason ;)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Collin said:
So were you driving by yourself on your Ls? I mean, either that or the full-licenced 'mentor' next to you was an idiot for not realising (or an even bigger idiot for letting you go that fast!) lol!
My father was next to me.
It's pretty easy to go really fast especially when someone won't move over for you when you come to merge... besides, I of course went down to the speed limit of a ridiculous 80.. which feels like nothing. I think it's an okay experience though, like, someday i'll be able to go 110 on the freeway ... pfft when better to get that experience for the first time than with my mentor next to me?

Ever tried merging at 80km/hr? on the F3 freeway in peakhour.
Rather shithouse you know.. so yeah that basically is why I accelerate hard ^_^. Also anoying is merging into traffic from the Twin Caltex's... not alot of room to get up to speed from 20.

Eh getting Ps soon, HSC is freaking over and I just need to practice the route a little more which isn't anywhere near me... i'm really grateful that my dad's given me just about every condition to drive in, except hail and snow. Of course in a manual. <3 manuals.

Collin

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
My father was next to me.
It's pretty easy to go really fast especially when someone won't move over for you when you come to merge... besides, I of course went down to the speed limit of a ridiculous 80.. which feels like nothing. I think it's an okay experience though, like, someday i'll be able to go 110 on the freeway ... pfft when better to get that experience for the first time than with my mentor next to me?

Ever tried merging at 80km/hr? on the F3 freeway in peakhour.
Rather shithouse you know.. so yeah that basically is why I accelerate hard ^_^. Also anoying is merging into traffic from the Twin Caltex's... not alot of room to get up to speed from 20.

Eh getting Ps soon, HSC is freaking over and I just need to practice the route a little more which isn't anywhere near me... i'm really grateful that my dad's given me just about every condition to drive in, except hail and snow. Of course in a manual. <3 manuals.
I tend to accelerate hard sometimes too to overtake.. really annoying when you have faggots on the road who accelerate when you try to overtake them! And lol.. sorry for calling your dad an idiot. Just that my parents would of killed me if I went to those speeds on my Ls - very paranoid folks they are.
:mad1:

exposetofire

HSC
are you talking about the twin caltex's on the newcastle-sydney freeway?
if so, theres heaps of room there, i can pull my car up to 110 before i hit the end of the merge. and its just a stock '88 Honda Accord with a fucked clutch.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
300km/hour in a db9 in engalnd, only a passenger though. might have been more, but i was beyond caring at that stage ;)

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate it when people cut/force their way in front of me at high speeds... only for them to suddenly brake.

As for the 300km/h in the DB9... aren't Astons speed limited? Wow though :)

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
seremify007 said:
I hate it when people cut/force their way in front of me at high speeds... only for them to suddenly brake.

As for the 300km/h in the DB9... aren't Astons speed limited? Wow though :)
can definately say this one wasn't ;) i think 300 is suppose to be it's top speed anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)