Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

Monz

HSC
Top Speed: 150/160 km/h
Speed Limit: 70 Km/h
Car: '03 Corolla (manual)
Local road (annangrove road-doubt anyone's heard of it) in a semi-rural area.
Highest speed a car's done while i've been in it is 210km/h that my dad did in Italy.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Monz said:
Top Speed: 150/160 km/h
Speed Limit: 70 Km/h
Car: '03 Corolla (manual)
Local road (annangrove road-doubt anyone's heard of it) in a semi-rural area.
Highest speed a car's done while i've been in it is 210km/h that my dad did in Italy.
:) nice to see some female manual drivers <3
i'm going to ignore the 150/160km bit though

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
I hate it when people cut/force their way in front of me at high speeds... only for them to suddenly brake.
Fk! This dickhead of a crappy commo did that to me yesterday!

I was behind this other accord euro with about 1.5 carlength in between and we were both going around 110-120 in a 70 zone... so it was decent speed... and suddenly the commo beside me stepped on it, DID NOT INDICATE, and pushed himself into the room between me and the euro in front..

And then what does he do? He brakes hard enough for his rear to go up..

Thank god I started slowing down when I saw him merge in so I wasn't close to him.. and when I saw his tail lift up (2 out of 3 of his brake lights were out btw).. I just changed into another lane, gave him a dirty, gave him the finger and went back to following the other Euro...

The Commo was still in my line of sight up till the M4... which was about 5kms... so there was no way that he needed to shove in front of me to go into a turning bay or nothing...

Oh yer.. I caught a glimpse of him, and he was one of those workers that wear those bright yellow/orange vests..

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Not sure the speedo maxes out at 180 (yep you guessed it jap car). Anyway that was down wakehurst parkway on the day i got my P's at about 2am. For those of you who don't know wakehurst parkway has no lights whatsoever and i was absolutly pssing myself.

neoxman

HSC
Lol i still think its funny that in NSW you guys have speed limits if you have L's or a certain colour P's. I've gone about 160 in my uncles SS ute on my P's. Loving the fact that when i move to sydney i can drive at any speed limit on my P's hehe.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
neoxman said:
Lol i still think its funny that in NSW you guys have speed limits if you have L's or a certain colour P's. I've gone about 160 in my uncles SS ute on my P's. Loving the fact that when i move to sydney i can drive at any speed limit on my P's hehe.
...you do realise that there are these things called, "speed limits"?

CieL

HSC
Raven3333 said:
Not sure the speedo maxes out at 180 (yep you guessed it jap car).
It's not only jap cars that max out at 180... I'm sure at one stage or another every maker had at least one car that maxed out there...

My Honda maxes out at 260... (not saying it can get there anyway lol)

Jiga

Do jap cars have low max levels? My old camry goes to 240... maybe jus smaller engines have lower limits, and for good reason!

pottsy44

HSC
you have gone 240 in your camry??? or your speedo goes to 240?

when that person said it only goes to 180, they would of been referring to the limiter.

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Do jap cars have low max levels? My old camry goes to 240... maybe jus smaller engines have lower limits, and for good reason!
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of my someone maxing his S15's speedo... and the speedo only went up to 180...

But then again, he did change his car about 8 times that year so I'm not sure.. kinda lost count which car he was in..

Pottsy:
Nah I dont think he'd be talking about the limiter.. if it was, he'd just say he was going 180 cos his car couldnt get any faster, but he said his speedo maxes out at 180, meaning that the little arrow was past 180 so he couldnt tell how fast he was really going cos yer.. the numbers weren't there lol

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe Camry's are just practical in that people who tend to drive a Camry, are unlikely to ever reach the 180 mark (or if it's even possible) and might as well make the rest of the scale "bigger and easier to read" =]

Jiga

you have gone 240 in your camry??? or your speedo goes to 240?

when that person said it only goes to 180, they would of been referring to the limiter
Lol just the speedo, although Ive heard my particular Camry (3L V6) can get to 220km/h max, Ive personally been 180km/h and it wasnt struggling yet.

And the other guy meant his speedo I think, not fuel cut off or whatever, he said "speedo maxes out at 180"

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of my someone maxing his S15's speedo... and the speedo only went up to 180...
It just depends on the car, some have a limit some dont. I think the whole speedo's on jap cars being low thing isnt true though, as like Ive said, a camry has it to 240km/h....a family car.

Maybe Camry's are just practical in that people who tend to drive a Camry, are unlikely to ever reach the 180 mark (or if it's even possible) and might as well make the rest of the scale "bigger and easier to read"
Ummmm my Camry goes to 240. Not sure, but I dont think the guy who's speedo only went to 180 has a camry...

Last edited by a moderator:

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
Maybe Camry's are just practical in that people who tend to drive a Camry, are unlikely to ever reach the 180 mark (or if it's even possible) and might as well make the rest of the scale "bigger and easier to read" =]
I think your one IS the biggest and easiest to read...

I drove next to a 06 Civic once, in the ARVO, and I still could see what speed the fag was going lol... I could of pulled him over (if I was a cop), I clearly saw he was going 67 in a 60 zone heheheh

pottsy44

HSC
CieL said:
I think your one IS the biggest and easiest to read...

I drove next to a 06 Civic once, in the ARVO, and I still could see what speed the fag was going lol... I could of pulled him over (if I was a cop), I clearly saw he was going 67 in a 60 zone heheheh
i take it you were gonig 67km/h too? :haha:

CieL

HSC
rofl good point, I was actually going 70

mcs

HSC
top speed I have done was 185 in my 1st car, a stock N13 Pulsar down Conrod Straight at Mt Panorama (Without the hill I doubt it could reach more then about 140 lol) ..... I wont forget the sounds coming from the engine- it didnt really like the experience at all.

CieL

HSC
Ahaha sounds of small engines..

I remember when I drove the '01 Corolla to high speeds... engine noise was loud as... crappy suspension allowed all the road noise to come through... the whole car was shaking and I thought it was going to collapse into pieces...

But yeah.. 180 uphill in the Euro is sweet.. engine purrs and the revs werent even maxed out yet.. fat body gives it balance in the bends.. suspension good so you could hardly hear the rumble of tyres.. fwark that was adrenaline..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)