Topics to be tested in Australian History & Geography SC (1 Viewer)

acevipa

HSC
What topics will be tested in the Australian History & Geography School Certificate. Our teacher last year said that whatever we learned in Year 9, would be tested. However, our Year 10 teacher said that the School Certificate was only based on this year.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
For History it is Topic 5, 6, 7 and 8.

This is only the second year that that has been the case as prior to last year both years work was examinable but now only the last 4 topics are.

I don't know about Geography but you can check on the Board of Studies website:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/ahgcc_scope_specs_06.html

The relevant sections on that site says:

"In the Australian History, Civics and Citizenship section of the test, questions will be drawn from the following sections of the syllabus:

Topic 5: Australia in the Vietnam War Era

Topic 6: Changing Rights and Freedoms

Topic 7: People Power and Politics in the Post-war Period

Topic 8: Australia’s Social and Cultural History in the Post-war Period

Historical Skills (syllabus, page 16) and the Working Historically sections of each of Topics 5, 6, 7, and 8.

In the Australian Geography, Civics and Citizenship section of the test, questions will be drawn from:

Focus Area 5A3: Issues in Australian Environments

Focus Area 5A4: Australia in Its Regional and Global Contexts

Geographical Tools and Skills (syllabus, pages 18–21).

Both sections of the test will include questions that allow students to demonstrate their knowledge about, and understanding of, civics and informed and active citizenship."

As I said these are the specifications that teachers were given in 2005 for the SC in 2006 and beyond.

cs01001

HSC
If only I focused on those topics noly, not the whole thing... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)