Totally Over It! (1 Viewer)

Alaranth

Yeah, title sums it up. Basicly, I got to a book, and can't think of anything but how much I suck at that subject. Even biology, which I've been top of since the start of yr11, makes me think "whoa, you stink. how much more could you possibly suck?" It makes doing anything really hard. Can anyone give me some advice? Please?
Well, I'm off to quit something else I enjoy so I can study more...

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Kyroth said:
Yeah, title sums it up. Basicly, I got to a book, and can't think of anything but how much I suck at that subject. Even biology, which I've been top of since the start of yr11, makes me think "whoa, you stink. how much more could you possibly suck?" It makes doing anything really hard. Can anyone give me some advice? Please?
I completely know how you feel. Just keep going it'll be over soon.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Kyroth said:
That's not to dissimilar for where I'm at right now. It's hard to say it any better that "I'm so over it". I can't offer you heaps in the way of advice, but what I can I will write here:

- Try and find the little things in subjects which do still interest you and read around them a bit or even go beyond the course to spark you interest.

- Avoid negative self talk and focus on your skills and positives. Find something to like about your subjects. For me, chem has been a deadly boring subject at times but I've forced myself to find some kind of appreciation for it and try to get into it.

- Making time for something you really enjoy everyday can really brighten your mood and attitude in general. Also that frequent suggestion of going for a walk (or somethign similar) to break up the monotony of work.

- Keep in mind that we will finish this and then we have many months to party and be teenagers :D. Stick with things now and you will cruise through come the HSC exams.

- When you do study, do something active. Staring at a book can get pretty damn boring so write notes, do an exam, draw a diagram or answer practise questions.

- As lame as it sounds, reward yourself when you do something that you don't enjoy. Listen to music you enjoy or have a tim tam or something. You will train yourself to have a positive reaction to the thing that you weren't enjoying and it might help to shape your behaviour.

It's quite hard to give advice when someone is just 'over it' so I hope that helps in same way. A lot of people hit a hump where they can't do work or can't stand it or are so over it that it is painful. Basically everyone I know has managed (or are managing) to get past it. As much as you can: think positive and make things enjoyable and hopefully you will pass on from apathy to acceptance.

al_87

HSC
i can sympathise...worked my ass of in yr 11, then this year couple of things happened that really badly through me off working and now i just can't get back in gear. it sucks. just remember: only 15 more weeks and its all - HSC exams, everything - all over!! (and ive been counting down since it was 30 weeks! :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)