Tourism & Hospitality Operational Studies as an elective (1 Viewer)

woodwind39

HSC
N/A
Hi, is anyone here taking the subject SERV1100- Tourism & Hospitality Operational Studies as an elective?
The timetable isn't available and classes aren't conducted on campus?
Is it possible for me (doing a bachelor of psychology) to choose this subject as an elective, considering I have to take several science and art subjects as electives anyway?

HSC
As SERV1100 comes under the Business faculty you should be allowed to take it as part of fulfilling BPsych Stage 1's 18 units of general electives. Since learning take place in an off-campus college the UNSW Timetable website can't confidently give class times, instead you should call Kenvale College (ph. 9314-6213) for further information.

If you want in-person advice from the university, an Enrolment Support Centre is running on level 3 of the main library on weekdays for the next month. Also, room 1017 of the Mathews Building is the Psychology Program Office, which can offer program-specific information.

catylist

HSC
i was supposed to do that subject this semester but because im hoping to transfer into B Comm, ive decided to do all my comm core subs in first sem and leave the 2 kenvale courses for 2nd yr if i fail to transfer. This is because attending Kenvale college is a hassle. Extra fees such as uniform fees, whole friday 9-5 at kenvale. Strict rules and must wear uniform correctly. Subject fees aren't hecsd.

dawdlex3

HSC
From what I heard, you need to attend an interview for the Tourism & Hospitality degree itself. So, I don't think this particular course would be available to students not enrolled in that particular degree.

Therefore, to avoid any major hassle, just stick with what's available on the Kensington main campus. There are plenty of other options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)