Tourist bashing in byron (1 Viewer)

MintoMan

HSC
Anyone else hear about this?

Rex Hunt (yes the fishing guy) was bashed by a gang of guys in byron for being a tourist...

After having 'You tourists should f— off’ yelled at them Hunts son was knocked to the ground and kicked in the head repeatedly.

And apparently this has happened up to 4 times in one night.

Something like this gonna change ur schoolies in byron??

Danoz The Great

HSC
Pfft, stuff like that happens everywhere.
As long as you stay out of dodgy places at night and have some mates with you, you'll be fine.

And why did you say that Rex Hunt got bashed, then said it was his son?

MintoMan

HSC
sorry about that, both of them were bashed,

pics of rex in the paper with a nice gash on his head 2

HSC
i read in the daily telegraph today that byron residents hate tourists. the telegraph interviewed locals and they were all saying that they hate locals. obviously they shouldnt promote gettin tourists where they say the hate em?!?!?!

whitie

HSC
Well the hippies at byron bay will have to put up with us! theres probably going to be a 2:1 schoolies to local ratio, we'll be the ones doing the bashing :D

whitie

HSC
and how the hell can they tell the difference between a local and tourist...unless the tourist is going around with camera taking pics thats obvious...but if your just walking down the street like rex hunt how can they tell, they probably just didnt like Rex hunt

a8o

HSC
whitie said:
and how the hell can they tell the difference between a local and tourist...unless the tourist is going around with camera taking pics thats obvious...but if your just walking down the street like rex hunt how can they tell, they probably just didnt like Rex hunt
Cause they don't know you.

bluebiro

HSC
The daily telegraph had an article on a gang of guys treatening 2 very hot swedish chicks. I dont know about any1 else but they are always welcome in my town. :)

chaotichampster

HSC
Haha If any of us schoolies guys get bashed it'll be war time. As whitie says the numbers aren't in their odds. Might make a change of the peaceful scenery though...

Digital_Spork

HSC
mm, I used to live on a tourist location beach. Often the people who come are not too bad but sometimes it gets annoying when you see your hometown being ruined by more people coming and coming. :(
I can see why they would do it, personally I wouldnt... but maybe im just not as aggressive as them? :p

mstanford

HSC
whitie said:
Well the hippies at byron bay will have to put up with us! theres probably going to be a 2:1 schoolies to local ratio, we'll be the ones doing the bashing :D
Haha...exactly

Stupid god damn hippies!

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
MintoMan said:
Anyone else hear about this?

Rex Hunt (yes the fishing guy) was bashed by a gang of guys in byron for being a tourist...

After having 'You tourists should f— off’ yelled at them Hunts son was knocked to the ground and kicked in the head repeatedly.

And apparently this has happened up to 4 times in one night.

Something like this gonna change ur schoolies in byron??
whilst i like rex hunt and think hes a cool guy....i dont beleive that he did "nothing at all" to instigate the attack...

just like i reckon hookesy was a legend and didnt deserve 2 get bashed or even touched, he insitagted it in some way and i reckon the truth will come out about rex....

this is the same as the way it works at schoolies, u wont get attacked for simply existing, even if u dont do much and dont deserve 2 get beaten up, if u get bashed u must offend the people in some way....

7th Sign

HSC
all surfie areas are like this they have gronks that look to cause trouble...

just use noosa for a example ....you say one wrong word up their and you will find all the windows on your car broken

HSC
i was at byron 2003 and yeah the locals do not like u being there - most of them are reasonably passive tho and just give u dirty looks on the street (the middle aged women and such certainly do). and maybe u're right about hooks and the fishing guy doing something, but the truth is there are a lot of people out there perfectly happy to hurt other people without needing a reason so watch out
don't blame the hippies tho! the people who were nasty to us were not hippies - in fact i was looking shat off walking down the street one nite cause of the rude locals, and some nice hippy guy gave me a flower and invited me to a beach party - u do get the long haired, pot smoking dancing on beach trucks around a bonfire champ hippies whose philosophy is be mates with everyone - but then u get local surfie people and older folks who are sick of the destructive schoolies people

Last edited:

Emanuel25

HSC
Blame the government and police. These peace loving hippies are getting angry cos its harder for them to get high now. They've gotten real tough in byron on drugs and they've cancelled the usual end of year festivities.

billsta05

HSC
Hippies dont bash people up... it's the lad/surfies who would bash people up. And most of the time it would be for a reason, however that reason could be as stupid as you just 'looking' at them.

apparently it was a group of 15 people. Personally when i'm down there i'll be in a group of at least 5 people and not far away will be about 40 other people in my year who wouldn't mind helping out a school mate from getting bashed.

Just keep an eye out... and know where the nearest coppa station is... but dont get too caught up with police, they're not much use...

And when i'm there for schoolies on the 28th, I sure as hell aint gonna let some surfie bums screw up my celebrations. WOOOHOOO cant wait!!!!!!

whitie

HSC
Hmmm fuck! So do you think handing around flyers and invitations to open house parties will be a bad idea :p hah

L

liamflannery

Rex's son was pissed and started a guy hanging around in a group. It had nothing to do with 'anti-tourism'.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Nimbin is better than Byron for hippies :p but yeah, I don't like Byron. I live just far enough away for my liking (around 30 mins drive). Nevertheless, I still don't think Rex would have just randomly got bashed, he must have provoked them one way or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)