Toys 'R' Us (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
How is the pay and the hours? What would the main responsibilities of a sales assistant be?

Also, on my application, where it asks whether I'm a student or not, what should I write? Because I plan to study next year, but do casual/ part0time/ full-time work right now, before changing to whatever that suits my schedule next year.

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
what store are you plannin to work at?
just put down student

as a "sales assosciate" you put stuff back where it belongs, deal with customers and run around to do oddjobs

if the customer doesnt know, you dont know, obviously if you make something up theyll just accept it :)

workin there as part of nightfill i can honestly say its the dodgiest toy store on the planet apart from kmart

but good times and easy conditions =]

HSC
Well I just quit Toys R Us, after 4 years, two weeks ago.
I got a 'real' job. Depending on where you start off.
You'll be an associate and ur first few shifts you'll be with someone more experienced. You'll most likely be put into 1 of 4 areas.

Floor/Recovery: Helping customers with enquiries. Helping with phone enquiries. Checking stock in the storeroom. Making sure aisles are clean and neat and overstocks aren't falling to pieces. Ensuring that important lines are filled etc.

Registers: Checkout chick.

Nightfill: Getting to the store at like 6pm, going thru till like 2am or sometimes later (my latest was 4:45am during xmas trading period). basically taking out pallets of stock from the store room and each person gets a section where they have to get all the stock from the palletes onto the shelves and overstocks. this was fucked because if shit couldn't fit managers would rage at you.

Ticket: same as floor, but specializing in bikes and big outdoor type stuff and some babies prams (depending if a Babies R Us is part of the store)

its shit work...i wouldn't work there if iwas u.

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
^
haha what store did you work at?

its not bad for a first job, they hire mostly young people and the managers are usually fairly lax unless something actually needs to be done on time (nightfill is great)

think the latest i did was 7 am , from 9, some faggy american was comin into the store

but then half of that time was spent in rather engaging conversations

anythin other than nightfill would be boring as hell but

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)