Traffic lights (2 Viewers)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Oh I've seen it happen. People just see the lights and stop without actually realising they're green.

These people get blasted.

michael1990

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
michael means if you stop and do not roll into the intersection and wait, methinks. if you choose to stay behind the line.
If it is green, you cannot choose to stay behind the line. You must go into the intersection. Remember not to turn your steering wheel as you will fail.

Also if you get stuck in the intersection, move the car a little forward, wait till you know everyone oncoming have stopped then proceed around the corner.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I would have thought the RTA would advocate the safer method of waiting outside the intersection, but there you go.

If the light goes red, get the fuck out of the intersection, though. I've seen people get stuck in an intersection, and then just sit there as the light goes red and the cross-traffic gets the green light.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I think the real give way issue is when you're driving in places like newcastle, and they have intersections with stop signs on each of the 4 directions. If two cars are stopped and going on perpendicular paths, who gives way to who?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Hey michael, how come you can't turn your steering wheel?
Because if you get hit from behind you get pushed straight into oncoming traffic.
If your steering wheel is straight you just get pushed forwards, into no traffic.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
If you do not go into the intersection when it has a green light, and on your DART you will fail.

The car behind you is to wait at the line, until your car has moved through the intersection.
iirc you're meant to wait with wheels facing directly ahead, not turned at any angle.

It would be a logistical nightmare pulling off the turn if you were meant to enter the intersection.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Dumsum said:
I think the real give way issue is when you're driving in places like newcastle, and they have intersections with stop signs on each of the 4 directions. If two cars are stopped and going on perpendicular paths, who gives way to who?
a) the left
b) whoever got there first (that's how it works in the US, where they don't have roundabouts. Maybe not here.)

If there's a bit of traffic, they sort of go around the square. One person goes, then the person on their right goes, then the person on THEIR right goes etc.

HSC
scarybunny said:
Because if you get hit from behind you get pushed straight into oncoming traffic.
If your steering wheel is straight you just get pushed forwards, into no traffic.
Hehe, thanks michael ;) that's very helpful actually, I wouldn't have known that rule.

michael1990

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Hey michael, how come you can't turn your steering wheel?
Because if you are hit from behind you will go into on-coming traffic.

As well as if the RTA dude feels he is in danger because of you turning your wheel, because he doesn't know if your're goint to stop or not.

michael1990

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Hehe, thanks michael ;) that's very helpful actually, I wouldn't have known that rule.
Well i suggest you go and have driving lessons.

I would suggest Barnes Driving School.
They have a very high success rate.

HSC
I'm with A Grade driving school in Macarthur, its my new driving school and I've only had two lessons with my new teacher but I'm realising all the things my previous teacher didn't tell me. My new teacher is heaps good, other day she was teaching me the usefullness of the taco (sp?) meter in driving manual

boris

Banned
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
I'm with A Grade driving school in Macarthur, its my new driving school and I've only had two lessons with my new teacher but I'm realising all the things my previous teacher didn't tell me. My new teacher is heaps good, other day she was teaching me the usefullness of the taco (sp?) meter in driving manual
hahahahahaha
I KNOW RIGHT, IMAGINE USING THE SOUND OF THE ENGINE AND THE REVS TO DETERMINE WHEN BEST TO CHANGE GEARS. WHAT A NOVEL IDEA!

HSC
My old teacher basically told me to get in the car and drive. He never explained from the beginning the appropriate speed for each gear, like from my 1st lesson in manual.

boris

Banned
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
My old teacher basically told me to get in the car and drive. He never explained from the beginning the appropriate speed for each gear, like from my 1st lesson in manual.
the speed varies from car to car doofus, you obviously wouldn't rev a petrol as hard as a diesel, etc.
never rely on speed, always rely on the feeling of the motor. i dont even look at the rev counter when i change gears, you can feel and hear the motor engaging. you'll learn when is best to change gears (your motor will be going FUCKING CHANGE ME RIGHT NOW)

williamc

HSC
boris said:
the speed varies from car to car doofus, you obviously wouldn't rev a petrol as hard as a diesel, etc.
Ermm. Well i drive both petrol and diesel manuals, and i 'chug' the diesel, as it has more torque, whereas i have to rev the guts out of the petrol.

boris said:
never rely on speed, always rely on the feeling of the motor. i dont even look at the rev counter when i change gears, you can feel and hear the motor engaging.
qft. but this would be pretty hard for an L plater. something in which can't be learnt or taught, but is picked up with driving experience.

Jess007

HSC
my dads car is a diesil citreon 4

i really love driving that car

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)