trailers for upcoming movies that look awesome. (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
new there will be blood trailer, featuring more of jonny greenwood's score than the last one (they were streaming the score at the paramount website a few weeks ago but it got taken down... it sounded fucking amazing). daniel day-lewis ftw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZOMYSEHZeQ

unicorns are shooting out of my nipples in excitement.

walrusbear

HSC
wow this looks tops

this and the new coen bros will be rocking the summer hard

tbw icecream, seen jesse james yet? thoughts?
i'm going this weekend. it's been hard keeping up with current releases

icecreamdisco

HSC
i liked jesse james a lot, until the coda which felt both long-winded and rushed at the same time. you have to see the film to get what i mean.

and the nick cave cameo was dumb.

walrusbear

HSC
just got back and i gotta say i was mighty happy with jesse james
coda could have been shorter - but i was content for the film to go forever :p
last sequence was particularly stunning

also saw rescue dawn and i have to agree with you
pretty standard fair, i was a bit disappointed

icecreamdisco

HSC
yeah i think the coda should've been only a few minutes, or it should've gone on longer, and gone to greater lengths in capturing ford's sense of desolation and madness. i loved the scenes of him performing in the recreative play.

dominik is certainly one to watch, and i hope affleck jr. gets recognised come awards season.

walrusbear

HSC
young affleck did very well. i wouldn't be surprised if the film gets snubbed altogether though

and it does make two from two for andrew dominik. i wouldn't mind him being a little more prolific though.

icecreamdisco

HSC
walrusbear said:
and it does make two from two for andrew dominik. i wouldn't mind him being a little more prolific though.
trying to preserve a malick-like mystique, i guess.

spiny norman

HSC
I just caught Jesse James. Truly fantastic film, close to my favourite of the year. Strangely large number of walkouts in my cinema though (Macquarie, but a 10:30 Tuesday session).

Also saw Rescue Dawn - not sure why the dislike here, I thought it a really solidly done film - may not be Aguirre or Kasper Hauser, but I still thought it very good. The ending was a detraction for me somewhat, though.

Super-pumped for There Will Be Blood.

icecreamdisco

HSC
oh, i didn't dislike rescue dawn... in fact, it gets better the more i ignore some of the blatant hollywood conventions and remember the more offhand herzog-ian touches instead. and bale is awesome as always.

gonna try and see jesse james tomorrow. if i have one quibble about watching it at dendy newtown, it's the fact that the exit sign is so close below the screen, which distracts from the images somewhat, especially in a film with so much dim lighting and nighttime photography.

icecreamdisco

HSC
also saw into the wild last friday. really good; flawed perhaps, but in a way that's crucial to the overall shape and tone of the film. should really see penn's first two directorial efforts, as i loved the pledge as well.

walrusbear

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
gonna try and see jesse james tomorrow. if i have one quibble about watching it at dendy newtown, it's the fact that the exit sign is so close below the screen, which distracts from the images somewhat, especially in a film with so much dim lighting and nighttime photography.
i saw jesse james there and they didn't shut the freaking doors till about 40 minutes in :burn:
i would have closed it myself but i didn't want to turn around and miss some kind of magic

walrusbear

HSC
i finally caught inland empire last night and had a generally great time :p

i guess it's a fans-only affair, but i'm not sure why oz critics hated it so much. it was more coherent than i was led to expect - it had the same loose logic as his other movies. i found it sagging in some parts, and that beck song was just distracting

as for other movies
anyone seen/wanna see 'tell no one'. can't work out if it's a shitty generic french movie or a good generic french movie. i still need to catch control too, though it looks a tad pretentious

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Juno, any film with Michael Cera and Jason Bateman together again has got to be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqHRknuUL4
Went to a preview screening of that last week, thanks to FilmInk mag. Comes out officially Jan 17.
Was alright, mostly funny, corny at times.. had a Garden State-feel to it. Disappointed Michael Cera wasn't in it much despite being credited as 2nd starring role. Though what little scenes he had, he rocked (wouldn't have bothered seeing this if he wasn't in it at all).

Can't wait to see Sweeny Todd, Atonement, Rescue Dawn and 310 to Yuma.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
bee movie might be good because it has jerry seinfeld in it

spiny norman

HSC
I came in here to facetiously add Prom Night.

Seeing it already in here has made my day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)