Train and Bus pass (1 Viewer)

idunnoman

HSC
does anyone know if it is possible to get it for free from UNSW?
or do i have to purchase a yearly ticket from cityrail and the bus company?

Regards

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
idunnoman

ahahahahahaha

purchase a weekly travelpass from your local railways station. It entitles you to endless trips on buses, ferries and trains (within, and up to the terminus of your zone). No point in buying a yearly, considering that they don't offer yearly student travelpasses.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
no, you have to pay for public transport to uni. However you are entitled to the student concession (half the price of a normal adult fare) - you have to use the UNSW student card to get this.

Considering uni is only about 26 weeks per year + exams, there's not much point getting a yearly pass because you're paying for a lot of trips you won't be taking.

A weekly ticket is the most economical way to go - and as nebuchanezzar said get a weekly travelpass as this will save you having to buy another ticket for the bus

groovejet

HSC
N/A
UNSW gives you the privledge of concession, nothing is for free. I think you can purchase a Travelpass which gives you unlimited travel for weekly and year round. I also believe they have an expiry date. Depending on where you live and how many days you are at UNSW, it might be better to buy a train and bus ticket separately.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
a travelpass is just a type of ticket which allows you to travel on trains and buses. it can be bought for a weekly, quarterly or annual basis.

i think if you're going in for 3 days or more, it works out cheaper to get a travelpass rather than buy seperate train and bus tickets

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
ianc said:
a travelpass is just a type of ticket which allows you to travel on trains and buses. it can be bought for a weekly, quarterly or annual basis.

i think if you're going in for 3 days or more, it works out cheaper to get a travelpass rather than buy seperate train and bus tickets

Except you can't get student quarterly or yearly ones :(

Free ferry trips are grood for 3+ hour breaks at uni.

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
Do you purchase these travelpasses from the bus driver or from the train station?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
barrel_roll said:
Do you purchase these travelpasses from the bus driver or from the train station?
Ticket outlets that would sell travel tens, ect but not the bus driver.

js0ul

HSC
jb_nc said:
Ticket outlets that would sell travel tens, ect but not the bus driver.
And you can also buy it from the ticketstation at the train station and the ticketmachine at the train station. There are different color's for the weekly travel passes depending on how big the zone you're allowed to travel inside unlimited so go to www.131500.info to check which one is the one you need.

HSC
like 5 people got busted on the 891 today for not paying on the bus! owned

xxPanDa

HSC
if i were to buy a travel ten
what colour would it be

from central to unsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)