train/bus tickets (1 Viewer)

nakedcrumpet93

HSC
where can i buy a weekly ticket to use buses/trains unlimited for a concession price? cityrail has tickets but only at adult prices...and its $200 a month :S

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You can by weekly mymultis at stations or at other resellers. You can't by monthly/yearly etc mymultis at Concession prices.

Ryan_T90

HSC
MyMulti at weekly concession price works out being the best option no matter what.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Mymulti at train stations and a lot of 7/11's

the non-train station ones look better

izzy88

HSC
MyMulti at weekly concession price works out being the best option no matter what.
Really depends how often you travel, what modes of transport you use etc. During semester I tend to just use a travel10 for the buses (no train trips for me).

Ryan_T90

HSC
Really depends how often you travel, what modes of transport you use etc. During semester I tend to just use a travel10 for the buses (no train trips for me).
Well, in the case of the OP they need to use both buses and trains so MyMulti would be the best option.

HSC
How do they know that you bought the right bus ticket e.g. a MyBus2 instead of a MyBus1?

nakedcrumpet93

HSC
thanks all for your opinion! and yes i do need both bus and train to get to uni (4 day timetable) and weekend work :)

Cornspiracy

HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.cityrail.info/tickets/pdf/mymulti_fare_map.pdf
According to this, you'd have to get a Multi2, which would cost you $25.50 (was 24 end of last year :( )
Sounds like you'll be doing a lotta travelling, but what you can do is go through your week and roughly write down how much you'd be spending in a typical week
eg. Monday: Bus - 1.60, Train - 3.20 etc and see if it adds up to $25

Another thing to consider is that you don't wanna be in a rush for the train, and miss it because you have to buy a new ticket every day D:
Uhm also you can pretty much get the Multis anywhere like everyone else said. Even from the ticket machines :) Make sure to have your concession on you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)