Transcripts... =/ (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

K, so I'm applying to go to Egypt with the university. Part of the application was supplying an academic record - they said an unofficial transcript was fine.

I line up in SES and get the free one printed out. She hands it to me, and I see my HSC shit all over again! UAI, final marks, school and everything! :'(

So I walk over to the cashier's desk to see if the official transcript is the same - she says it's exactly the same, only on green paper. I'm hoping this isn't true (see redruM's one here), because I really the whole HSC following me around thing.

So cheh. Also, I think some friends were wondering this a while ago: Some of my units have an O or an S between the unit code and the attendance. What's with that?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Firstly, why does it mattet that your HSC is on it? Just for aesthetic reasons? (I personally like looking at my HSC stuff). The final FINAL official transcript doesn't have the HSC on it. Just the ones between now and when you graduate.

With the O and S things, I have that, too... We worked out why, but can't remember (I think there is a legend on the paperwork explaining it).

Totally jealous that you're off to Egypt - Swipe me some canopic jars, will you? (Preferably the whole set of 4, so I have symmetry ;) )

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
Firstly, why does it mattet that your HSC is on it? Just for aesthetic reasons? (I personally like looking at my HSC stuff).
I'm not sure, I find it a bit embarrassing. The HSC was such an ordeal for me that I'd rather forget it, despite the marks. Also, I really only wanted to get into uni, so I find it a bit irrelevant.

Now that I think about it, I guess they have HSC marks for things like STAT19999: 'Must have Band 3 Extension II Maths' or something...

The final FINAL official transcript doesn't have the HSC on it. Just the ones between now and when you graduate.
Oh that's good to know. Thanks. :)

Totally jealous that you're off to Egypt - Swipe me some canopic jars, will you? (Preferably the whole set of 4, so I have symmetry ;) )
Haha, I'll bring you back some novelty ones. The only thing I've got like that is a mini Rosetta stone - the glyphs are actually totally legible on it, too! :D

^___^
HSC
lo, unofficial transcript..i've got one

the hsc is the best part of my transcript, only because its the best results in the whole document :(

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey

I got a copy of my official academic transcript the other day (for an interview) and there is NO hsc marks/subjects on it. It only contains results etc of my 1st year subjects and the subjects I am doing this semester (and plan to do in second semester).

X

xeuyrawp

Heh. I went into the library and chopped the HSC bit out.

Boy, those guillotines are cool. :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If MJ is getting some canopic jugs, I want some dead sea scrolls you hear!

dracover

HSC
haha yeah i love my uai its the onli thing worht looking at

also yeah its just on a green piece of paper

higher quality paper i might add

also note other funny thing: it takes them 4 days to get it to u (processed tuesday get friday) now u can pay a fee to get it earlier i've seen it they just print it on a green paper straight from comp...y do u need to wait for 4 days makes no sense they just print it on paper anyways...its not like u get a real chancelor signature on it anyways

X

xeuyrawp

dracover said:
also note other funny thing: it takes them 4 days to get it to u (processed tuesday get friday) now u can pay a fee to get it earlier i've seen it they just print it on a green paper straight from comp...y do u need to wait for 4 days makes no sense they just print it on paper anyways...its not like u get a real chancelor signature on it anyways
hah. Typical.

X

xeuyrawp

Haha.

Lecturer: Shouldn't your high school marks be on this?
Me: Yes.
Lecturer: I see. *Awkward silence* You had lunch yet?
Me: No, let's go grab some.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
The final FINAL official transcript doesn't have the HSC on it. Just the ones between now and when you graduate.
There are transcripts available other than official ones?? (I don't include printing from e-student).

Anyone can order an official transcript PRIOR to graduation. In fact, you'll more than likely require one if you apply for any graduate programs.

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
There are transcripts available other than official ones?? (I don't include printing from e-student).

Anyone can order an official transcript PRIOR to graduation. In fact, you'll more than likely require one if you apply for any graduate programs.
Yes, there's an official term for it (the lady told me -- I think it might be 'Proof of Progress' or something stupid), but it's got:

UNOFFICIAL
TRANSCRIPT

Written diagonally over it. Plain paper. Otherwise, it's exactly the same as an official transcript.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)