Transfer criteria for each uni. (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
When applying for a transfer from one uni to another, does each uni have a different way for students to transfer such as that you have to obtain at least a credit average to get into UWS or distinction average to get into UTS.

Or is each uni the same, where you have to get a credit or distinction average to apply at every uni?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
different unis have different citeria, my punch is try it anyway.

klh

HSC
you are better checking the uac guide which specifies what are the entry requirements to gain entry into your specific uni.
for instance for uws, they will rank your tertiary marks, secondary marks, work experience etc, and take the highes rank as your entry mark. i got into my course through uac this way.
or got to the institutions site and look for entry requirements for non recent year 12 students.
some like unsw will look at an nrsl mark which has been mentioned in the thread 'on the topic of university transfers' where they get the average of both your uni and secondary marks. some unis will give more weighting to uni marks while others wont.

it isnt specified that you have to get above a credit/ distinction average, but if you get these marks or better, you chances of getting the trasnfer is much higher.

hope it helps.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
If i get high results, i hope to transfer to UTS to do B Business.

I am at UWS at the moment in my first year doing B Business (Accounting). Its not that i have anything against the uni, its just that UTS was where i wanted to go when i was in year 12.

klh

HSC
haha, me too. And i missed out this year becasue i put my preferences for uws higher than uts. but im happy where i am..i dont never want to fill any more academic credit forms and crap.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Rayanaldo said:
I have another question.

Can you apply to transfer at more than one uni?
Of course,
your UAC application will have 9 preferences, just like in Year 12

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I was just reading on the UAC site and they said that they have mid year admissions. The course I aim to transfer to is B Business @ UTS City campus. This course was offered for mid year admission in 2004.

But i have some questions regarding this.

1.) Should i apply for mid year admission to UTS this year or wait to transfer for 2006?
2.) Does anyone know roughly when mid year offers come out?
3.) Would they still accept offers for those who have completed a half year of full time study?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
I was just reading on the UAC site and they said that they have mid year admissions. The course I aim to transfer to is B Business @ UTS City campus. This course was offered for mid year admission in 2004.

But i have some questions regarding this.

1.) Should i apply for mid year admission to UTS this year or wait to transfer for 2006?
2.) Does anyone know roughly when mid year offers come out?
3.) Would they still accept offers for those who have completed a half year of full time study?
mid year replies should give you an outcome at least by the Autumn holidays.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
for q 3, it really depends how good your uai was, and if it falls short a lot from the UTS B Bus cutoff you want, then i probably think they would only let you in after a year of uni study in a uni.

klh

HSC
actually to confirm what theone123 said they will consider uai or 1 year full time study. but since you are a non recent school leaver, if you fill out their questionairre, they will give you extra marks for answering well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)