Transfer from B Science to B Media arts/ design (1 Viewer)

kkl

HSC
N/A
I'm a first year uni student at unsw and am halfway through second semester studies. I really wanted to do combined studies in graphics and science (I did biology and chemistry in highschool although I liked bio more) but they had no options for this kind of thing. And I didn't take initiative to see a career advisor :(

I was originally planning to major in a bio-related field: microbiology, pathology etc, but the only major I have in mind would be pure biological sciences, seeing as I don't really like uni-level chemistry and would prefer to learn about things that I can see. I'm not sure about a career in science...research work (in honours) seems quite daunting and I find that I prefer theory over practical work (what a science job would most likely be about!).

I have a high enough WAM to transfer into other courses and was thinking about B design or media arts (apparently cofa has updated the program for 2013) or B of visual communication at uts. I would like to do graphic design, but also other areas e.g. animation or web design, although I have no experience whatsoever in these fields. I'm also a little worried about job prospects.

So what do you guys think? How do I know that I'm making the right decision :S

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, if you like it - then go for it.

I didn't like Commerce, so I transferred to Arts.

BEST DECISION EVER! =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)