Transfer From Bsc To Comb Sci/law (1 Viewer)

iamhappy

Transfer Bsc to Comb Law

Hi, im strongly considering B Science (major Psych) at UNSW, then transfer into law/Sci...now personally, i dont think i can get 90 i feel confident about getting 85-89...but still not confident...what are the sucesses rates of transfers?

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Catherine1212 said:
Hi, im strongly considering B Science (major Psych) at UNSW, then transfer into law/Sci...now personally, i dont think i can get 90 i feel confident about getting 85-89...but still not confident...what are the sucesses rates of transfers?
i asked the same question my year when i thought i'd only get about 94...the lady at unsw said the chances were very low unless i maintain say a HD average..so for 85-89..i'd reckon it'll be next to impossible unless you're transferring to FEES..

well..Laz will give you a better reply when he's on..

iamhappy

oh crap :'( well, what about completing Bsc at NSW, the transfer to combined at Macq??

another thing, what are the chances of completing the Bsci then after finishing it, get into law at unsw?

iamhappy

Affinity

HSC
Transfers into law are competitive...
You will probably need 7-8 HDs in first year?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
The highest GPA -> UAI score is 99.5 and it stops at 6.5, so 8 HD's would be the same as 4HD's and 4 DN's.

But then you probably would need at least a 92 uai to have a chance at transfer (half UAI half GPA)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
thats true, but depending on the difference of interest level at the uni subject and hsc subject (think english, it suxked :( ), anyone might perform really good at uni compared to high school..

esp that some people become lazy at uni :) <--

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
then why not just go to maq first and then try transfer?
least all your subjects will count

not sure about postgrad law
think it depends on when you apply
if you apply within three yrs of finishing your first degree, think your marks in uni still count
but if you wait awhile, you're a mature age student and they take other factors into consideration??
just check the uac website for that

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mm I tend to agree that if you cant get a UAI over 90 in the HSC, a reasonable person would find it hard to cope with the demands of Law

If you wish to transfer from anything to Law, to be competitive, you'd near something over a 95 UAI and a distinction average at the BARE minimum

I speak from experience - I got a 95.25 UAI from 2002, and a Distinction ave (6.0 GPA) in 1st year and I didnt make UNSW Law - thats how competitive it is

mack

Banned
HSC
At USYD open day, Ron McCallum told us you need a 95+ UAI at the bare minimum to transfer to law. Is that really true?

And isnt postgrad law 25% UAI 75% Tertiary results?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mack said:
At USYD open day, Ron McCallum told us you need a 95+ UAI at the bare minimum to transfer to law. Is that really true?

And isnt postgrad law 25% UAI 75% Tertiary results?
I'm afraid its true - refer to my personal example above

Graduate law is that, yes.

iamhappy

look, it isnt that im lazy and cant be bothered to study, ive had WAY TOO MANY PROBLEMS THIS YEAR (PERSONALLY) which has affected my marks...im very thankful for your wise words...

stamos

sellout
HSC
Minai said:
mm I tend to agree that if you cant get a UAI over 90 in the HSC, a reasonable person would find it hard to cope with the demands of Law
nah man, law's not hard unless you're partially illiterate (ie noone fails first year)

what's difficult is getting the GPA to transfer

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
stamos said:
nah man, law's not hard unless you're partially illiterate (ie noone fails first year)

maybe you forgot to mention that 99% of first years of uai of 99.x+

gman03

HSC
stamos said:

Not knowing anyone who didn't fail first year does not mean no one fails first year law.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
exactly
hardly anyone fails law because everyone doing it is a 99+ student

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
wouldn't studying for HSC be a lot easier than trying to get heaps of HD's in first year uni?

otherwise I agree with others.. if you doubt that you can get 90 in UAI, you may struggle with the freeky law ppl(no i'm not one myself:p considered it tho)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
t-i-m-m-y said:
wouldn't studying for HSC be a lot easier than trying to get heaps of HD's in first year uni?
i concur...HSC is definitely easier than uni..u really dont have to think at all when u can predict what ur exam is like....

t-i-m-m-y said:
otherwise I agree with others.. if you doubt that you can get 90 in UAI, you may struggle with the freeky law ppl(no i'm not one myself:p considered it tho)
isnt this the case of the pot calling the kettle black? actuarials r freakier than law pplz by a mile...:p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
§eraphim said:
isnt this the case of the pot calling the kettle black? actuarials r freakier than law pplz by a mile...:p
that's only because you hang around with the freeks
lol and they know they are!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)