transfer from macquarie uni to UOW? (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
umm, i just enroled at macquarie yesterday, and i kinda regret it cos of the timetable requires me to go everyday, and transport is a big problem, as it takes 3.5hrs each day to get from hurstville and back.

i wonder if its still possible to get into UOW b4 the semester starts, i got a UAI of 84.5 and want to get into arts/commerce. but there was no late round offers for arts/commerce.....so is it full and i cant get in now?

HSC
I'm not entirely sure, but given how close we are to the beginning of session I'd say chances are pretty limited. You probably wouldn't do any harm contacting the Uni to double check though, by email at uniadvice@uow.edu.au or by phone on 1300 367 869.

Like I said though, I'm not sure if I like your chances. You may be better off sticking out first session at MQ and seeing how that goes and aiming for a transfer at that point. Or, you might realise after one session that MQ is such a funtastic place that you can't possibly bear the thought of leaving :) In relation to the transfers and stuff though, the specifics there are beyond me, so someone else who actually knows about that sort of thing would have to help on that one :)

Either way though, good luck with it :)

hello99999

HSC
did you put it as your 1st pref for the final round anyway? you never know, you might be lucky

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I've heard of UoW taking students who decided that UoW was for them just before the semester before. Depending on how many people do that degree, et cetera.

Good luck. :)

Catastrophe

HSC
poloktim said:
I've heard of UoW taking students who decided that UoW was for them just before the semester before. Depending on how many people do that degree, et cetera.

Good luck. :)

serious? even after enrolment has finished?

btw, to santa, how long does it take u by train from hurstville to UOW?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Catastrophe said:
serious? even after enrolment has finished?

btw, to santa, how long does it take u by train from hurstville to UOW?
Yeah, people decided to defer in their first year, so places magically open.

Gomer

HSC
Ring up the uni and bitch? Apply for late round offers? My friend is trying to go to SCU at Coffs Harbour, but still enrolled at Wollongong.

Good luck mate.

-- Gomer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)